Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2001, 01:17 AM   #1
Aurican
Elminster

How about we post features of the game that we are looking forward to. The only catch is you can't repeat features, that way it will be easier to follow. Thus, the Neverwinter Nights forum won't look so sad... Any features you are looking forward to!

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 07:56 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OK, I start of with some well pretty obvious!
- 3 edition rules. Go seek in the GD thread for more info. We had along and really good discussion about some of the rules.
- Better inteligence in your character. Once you start attacking, your character will continue to this until order to do something different. You add up a cue of the actions you want to perform via a on screen disply.
Should be really nifty!
- Full 3D environment and beatiful graphics! it is at the LEAST going to be magnificent to behold!

Ok, some small once to get it started!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 07:59 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

i dont really have anything to say. I know its going to be 3d and stuff like wolfgir said so im not going to repeat that but in the official site it doesnt even have much info. but those screenshots sure look kickarse

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 09:30 AM   #4
WOLFGIR

More interesting is that the game wil lbe able to handle your own maps and adventures.
That is you can compose and share new adventures with friends/strangers and so on, which will make the game (if it is any good) to be around for some time and also can be an argument for cinsiderable expansions.
Another thing is also the technology behind the engine which will take as much power from your computer when playing online. hopefully this will make the game enjoyable for people (like me) wh only have a modem connection to play around with .

------------------

Old 05-11-2001, 07:49 AM   #5
Lord Shield

What I like:
1) The FULL 3E system (love the PnP game)
2) The NWN Toolkit (Temple of Elemental Evil will be my first project)
3) Starting from 1st level again - aaahh! The good old days
4) Some of the sneaky monster encounter descriptions I've read - hee hee! say no more
Old 05-11-2001, 11:00 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

There are many things that I am looking forward to about this game (apart from the system specs that is) and here's a shortlist of the most commonly thought about.

Better choice of character appearance than in the BG series (no more "return of the crue cut clan").
Hopefully a lack of inconvenient camera controls that spoils play, an autofollow camera command would be nice, aka. Darkstone, Evil Islands etc, but without the unplayability of Deathtrap Dungeon (bought it because it had the Ian Livingstone name on it to my eternal regret, what a joke game, the camera angles made it practically unplayable, not to mention some of the bugs).
The ability to demonstrate how a single Kobold can destroy a party of fourth level adventurers (we've also seen a distinctly tough goblin with a Morningstar kill two and a half parties and a group of Roman Orcs (Lorica, Pilum and Gladius) decimate seventh level character with only one orcish hit die each, it's just that they never seemed to miss with those spears and then they'd charge).
The ability to have an old character (see note about BG series above).
The ability to have fun and enjoy this probably good game (when I get my grubby mitts on it, that is).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 12:32 AM   #7
Khanar
Manshoon

The ability to dish out pain and death in a much more immersive environment.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 07:35 AM   #8
WOLFGIR

I´m also looking forward to be able to play for oneself, no whiny characters messing your head up..

But also to play with friends online. I would really like that.

Also the game seems to be able to have the potential not to be finished in about three or four days but here you can hopefully download new aditions and play on..

------------------

Old 05-12-2001, 12:01 PM   #9
Redblueflare
Galvatron

No way! Some of the adventures people are thinking about making will be huge and take up to ten hours to complete. I'm interested in making one of these huge adventures myself. Besides you'll have so many people adding their adventures to yours you won't ever notice how long they are. You'll be having to much fun I hope...

------------------
David G.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2001, 06:29 PM   #10
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

The ability to be totally and utterly chaotic evil.

*insert eville grinne*

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote