Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 08:20 AM   #191
Legolas
Jack Burton

Legolas

He has some trouble focussing his mind due to a lack of sleep, and the healing cut to his chest is itching. Having been bound throughout the night, the elf can barely feel his hands and feet. With no regard for any of this, the gnolls drag him up again at first light, and start moving north.
After a short walk of maybe an hour, which nonetheless seemed to last forever to the ranger, the small group reached a wooden structure.
Lifting his head, Legolas notes it is only a guardhouse, watching over the main entrance of a much larger structure. He is instantly awake as he recognises it as the stronghold from his vision, and his eyes dart about searching for corpses on stakes. Not finding Durlan's skin draped anywhere, he relaxes. Inwardly, he even smiles, convinced Durlan still lives and he has time yet to get him out.

Creaking under the stress, the first of a double row of wooden doors opens to allow entry to the structures behind the pallisade.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:34 AM   #192
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sorsha

As the first signs of daybreak appear across the smirking, silent sky, she blinks wearily, aware of the effects of a restless sleep - if indeed she had managed to catch any.

I do hope he's alright... ~ Even as she stifles a yawn and stretches herself, trying to shake off exhaustion. With a pang, she realises that this is just the beginning of the long trial ahead of her... ahead of them. For what happened last night might roll over to the next, and as long as Legolas' goal remains unachieved, there is a good chance she will be denied precious, carefree rest.

Staggering to her feet, she slowly makes her way towards Aric's bedroll and shakes it somewhat roughly.

"Time to go, I think." ~ She states plainly, as his bewildered eyes catch hers.
Old 10-25-2002, 06:37 PM   #193
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

OOC>Hey, Jen. Good to see you back. IC>>
ILLEK "Come, my princess, let us follow your dragon friend. When he finds Kinn'zuwannik, it will doubtless be amusing."
Old 10-26-2002, 06:19 PM   #194
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Verloren
She made a small giggle before her face turned serious,
"Amsuing, yes. But I cannot wait another day before we find that damn dragon's den," she looked around the dark foliage and sighed hopelessly, "Though I do not see how anyone could hope to find anything in a place such as this. No wonder black dragon's smell so bad," she shivered slightly and looked behind her at Avalon, who's snout was lowered slightly to the ground. They must be getting closer, the are around them was starting to slope downhill, and the stench of stagnant water reached her nostrils, almost causing her to gag, "I really hope we find him soon."
Old 10-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #195
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*Avalon's nose is confused by the multiple smells of Black Dragons, since there are three in the party's general vicinity, and he has never personally encountered Kinn'Zuwannik. One scent leads to the left, one to the right, and one directly ahead.*
Old 10-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #196
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Avalon
The great silver stamped his feet in frustration,
"My princess, there are 3 different blacks in this area, and I do not know Kinn'zuwanik's scent. Tell me which path you think we should take,"

He watched her consider a moment, "The most vile smell one would be his," she crinkled her nose

"I apologize, but they all smell vile to me,"

"Oh..." she turned and looked at each of the paths, "Let's go left then,"

Avalon nodded and they took the left path.
Old 10-27-2002, 03:27 PM   #197
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

*The left hand path is foul with creepers and stagnant water. Snakes slither but do not approach. Avalon's nose leads him to a middle-sized cave, the mouth of which is scored with dragon claws.*
Old 10-28-2002, 10:12 PM   #198
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Verloren
She gulped and grasped a scale of Avalon. Surely this was Kinn'zuwanik's den. She didn't her hopes up though. Even if it was, and he did except Avalon's challenge, what was to stop other blacks in the area from coming and helping him? Though Avalon was strong he'd have no chance if there were too many-even with her and Illek helping. Perhaps she should check if it really was the black dragon's den,

"Avalon," she whispered, knowing he could hear her, "Perhaps I could make myself invisible and see if it is Kinn'zuwanik? I don't want to rouse any others," the dragon shrugged and she glanced at Illek, "What do you think?"
Old 10-31-2002, 08:55 AM   #199
Cerek the Barbaric

The Hunter was somewhat startled when Sorsha woke him. He couldn't believe he had actually drifted off to sleep. ~ I must be more tired than I thought. ~ He rose quickly and gathered his items. Within just a few moments, he was ready to go.

"Before we follow the elf into the bowels of the enemy stronghold, let me repeat my recommendation that I make you Invisible. I simply do not trust the idea that the guards will "look the other way" and allow you to walk straight in unimpeded."
Old 10-31-2002, 09:05 AM   #200
mistral4543

Sorsha

Reluctantly, she nods her head, all the while acutely aware that she is still uncomfortable with any scheme of this strange man. Pursing her lips, she momentarily closes her eyes as she hears him chanting the words of arcanery, then blinks them open.

Nothing has changed much... I think...

"Alright. I'm ready when you are." Her voice muffled, possibly due to her loss of "presence".
Closed Thread