Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 04:07 PM   #11
philip
Galvatron

I barely saw the reaper and thought his questions were only about what I had to do there I missed a lot of his funy stuff I think
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 05:51 PM   #12
vesselle
Hathor

oooh, i'm always stopping to chat with deekin, asking him to tell me a tale, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] i lurve him.

when he talks about dreaming about being a huge dragon flying over the countryside and eating cows, i just crack up so bad. [img]smile.gif[/img] i think i would actually love to see him get big tho.

and i like when he tells me about how he's gonna bring the whole kobold nation out into the world. and teach them all how to be good. he's a great lil guy.

V***V
Old 01-07-2004, 05:36 PM   #13
magnetism
Manshoon

Well I just started HotU however I would like to give and honorable mention to Minsc and boo. In BG&BG2 especially in BG2 if you give the really dumb and irritating "intelligent" sword found in the "sewer pipe quest" minsc is about as funny and sweet as any overgrown, undersophisticated softy of a ranger could be.

BTW - Vesselle you have a very pretty face, a devilishly cute shot of you on your profile.
I case you hadn't heard so today.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:22 PM   #14
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Wonder what everyone is going to look at now...
Old 01-07-2004, 09:01 PM   #15
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Personally, I liked it when Sharwyn flirted with Daelen and the big oaf just scuffed his feet and finally appealed to my rangeress for help. It was a case of "nope, you got yourself into this mess, get yourself out". He finally said something like, "I'm not good enough for her." to which Sharwyn replied, "NO man is good enough for me, but......" It was hilarious! (and a little disturbing)
Old 01-08-2004, 12:59 PM   #16
quietman1920

I had just left the Drow girl for Aribeth...and I thought we were getting along famously. Gave her a Really Nicely crafted (hacked) longsword & shield that I had as back up gear.

And then...she goes Traitor on me and Killed Deekin and I with My Own Sword...!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:26 AM   #17
magnetism
Manshoon

Finnishing "Cania" I will say safely my best gaming moment had been in the Makers Dungeon with the golumn attracter. Some how even after learning the password to enter the sanctuary, I was not able to and had to fight the two behemoths. When I had the idea to lay down the golumn attacter. The boys immediatly put on their Scooby faces and marched right over the attracter and bent over to get a better look. I was in tears.

Belt of Agility +10 134,045 gp
Add Haste to the Rapier of the High Road 150,000 gp
Golumn attracter - priceless
Old 01-22-2004, 02:52 AM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Personally, I enjoyed SOU much better than the HotU OC. It felt like they were trying to create something akin to the scope of Baldurs Gate here but didn't pull it off properly resulting in a mod a little too large (or too drawn out) for It's own good with less happening in between. SOU was concise, action-packed and really original.

Don't get me wrong, there were things about HotU I loved such as the great use of cutscenes as game movies, *some* character interactions (some just grew annoying over time, again another failed attempt to replicate BG NPC interactions), some great and interesting sub-plots and a nice, if different ending.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:09 PM   #19
Tancred
White Dragon

Discovering that my poor, long-suffering non-starter PC wizard, Alec - who had several hours of impotent terror trying to make it as a Wizard in Neverwinter and Hilltop - had finally found his true calling and power in Waterdeep. With a repertoire of spells and a cache of magic either scrounged from Undermountain or purchased from shops, he's finally getting his own back on the world at large.

"THIS is for that god-damn Academy!" *bzzap* "THIS is for those damn sonic traps!" *kaboom* "And THIS is for that EVIL £&""^£^$& Intellect Devourer..."

EDIT: Alec's an Invoker(Evoker?). This might explain why he's both rubbish at low level (no conjurations) and chock-full woth spells that go bzzap and kaboom.

The other momentous event was my cheerful Paladin, Tancred, battling evil and slaying all manner of foes during Shadows of Undrentide to unearth - at one point - a Holy Avenger. I imagined light streaming through cracks in the wall, bathing the young knight in a holy radiance, with choral music in the background, as he drew it forth - very much an 'Excalibur' moment, there.

[ 01-30-2004, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]