Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 05:25 AM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

i swear, with deekin by my side there's a never-ending supply of priceless moments. i just luv the lil guy and would marries him if laws weren't so dead set against bestiality. anyway, i get a big kick out of the way your companions work/don't work together and the things they say.

valen: "dooom. dooomity, dooom! that damned kobold's song is stuck in my head."

deekin: "dum-da-dee-dum. FAME! deekin gonna live for-ever! la-la-la FAME!" (i was dying to see if he'd disco around!)

deekin: "when deekin wanders he wonders, why he never sees any cats?"

oh, and cross-game references. i was thrilled when i could buy a "Negastaff" from the djinn. the description was long but absolutely priceless. it asked why a staff that seemed designed to attack a many-eyed beast was necessary and alluded to it being made in Athkatla by just such a beast that lived below the city and craved power. requests for more information from Athkatla officials only resulted in being referring to local temples for more information. [img]smile.gif[/img] wheeeee!

anyone else?

V***V

[ 12-23-2003, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 12-23-2003, 08:29 AM   #2
MagiK

I am really sad that I ended up being sent to the underdark alone....well alone with the Drow lady....Didn't have Deekin with me at the time, and I do miss his chatter....unfortunately I had Linu and Tomi with me whe we got to the point where I was sent down.

My most memorable moment? Being embarrased when I decided to follow the love interest with the tiefling guy....Im playing a female Arcane Archer (started in the OC) and just didn't pay close enough attention to the dialog and now every time I want to talk to him I get..."yes My Love" very embarassing when your real girlfriend walks in and asks if I want to tell her anything [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: For those who say the voice actingis bad....This guy sounds like a really sappy guy I used to know who talked just that way to his lady.

[ 12-23-2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 12-24-2003, 02:20 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

Oh yeah, Deekin's "I see dead people" line when you first enter the Undermountain and come across poor deceased Sharwyn is priceless!

Deekin is fastly becoming my favorite character ever.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:21 AM   #4
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Question Mark

*bloody kobold slime, it be best singin its song right quick an bein sharp about it too the rat pig. It be findin an axe blade sharp stuck stick in the fiends very forehead*
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:58 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

OMG! hahahaha!!

the fiends!
they're singing old songs from the 50's no less!

"This is the sound of the fiends, working on the Chain Gang!"

V***V
Old 12-24-2003, 02:38 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I have always loved Deekin but I hate his new voiceset. Ugh..it sounds like he's high on helium or something (you can just really tell there is a voice-actor behind it). I did like the one "As the companions trvael through the underdark Deekin pretends not to notice the boss has not washed his clothes". I thought that could have been folowed by "Deekin wonders why the boss never eats or uses bathroom".
Old 12-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #7
Iron Duke
Welcomed New User

Hm, I just have Aribeth and the Drow Assassin. Never have cared too much for the comic cross-talk.

[ 01-01-2004, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 04:15 PM   #8
philip
Galvatron

Deekin was so cool [img]smile.gif[/img] Shame I couldn't take him with me to chapter 3

'Deekin sometimes even think you puny elven mortal'

Also when he starts his interuption dialogue the 'ehh boss' is really funny. You can just hear that he's coming up with more funny lines again
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 06:05 PM   #9
Iron Duke
Welcomed New User

Oh, you cannot take him into Chapter 3? How strange. Valen and Nyrissa, only, then.

[ 01-01-2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 12:01 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

You can take him. You can ask the reaper to bring him across, if he was your henchman at the end of chapter 2.