Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
Seorith
Welcomed New User

Im just finishing up the first chapter.. and completing all the quest's in my book but i have a problem..

when i fought meldanen and he cried to let him live.. i decided to let him flee cause he didnt seem so harmfull, but when i went to farmosa to complete the quest, she wont let it be completed unless he's dead! i went back to his estate to find him but hes no where to be found.. how can i find him to complete this quest! its annoying seeing that quest in my jounal .. uncompleted
Seorith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:52 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Seorith:
Im just finishing up the first chapter.. and completing all the quest's in my book but i have a problem..

when i fought meldanen and he cried to let him live.. i decided to let him flee cause he didnt seem so harmfull, but when i went to farmosa to complete the quest, she wont let it be completed unless he's dead! i went back to his estate to find him but hes no where to be found.. how can i find him to complete this quest! its annoying seeing that quest in my jounal .. uncompleted
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
You have to talk to him after he gives up, and there is a dialog option for "make me an offer and I'll listen" (not the actual response, but it is the one that has him make you an offer). After he makes an offer, you come back asking for his tooth, key, and gold. He'll give you all three. The tooth is needed to prove he is dead, the key finishes the quest, and the gold is just extra.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:49 AM   #3
Hesperex

or you can just cut his head of and take the key, tooth, gold and a very nice staff
Old 08-20-2002, 03:50 PM   #4
Seorith
Welcomed New User

well.. the problem is i said something that let him go without me getting the tooth! )= and he vanished after i said it.. so i cant find him to get the tooth back, i hope theres still a way to find him, i could use a nice staff )=
Seorith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

Once he's gone, he's gone for good.

You should be able to turn in his key to Formosa, and at least get some credit. I did that once, before I decided I'd rather kill him.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 05:30 AM   #6
Whailor

First time I just smacked him flat. Second time when I went there, I did let him live. Though, for fun I disarmed him and beat the lights out of him with his own staff, heh.. Anyway, I said that he can live, on special turns. I could ask for warehouse key and the release of dryad, but there was no option to ask his tooth. Maybe it depends on INT/WIS/CHA/whatever, but I had no such option.. Well, who cares, second way through it that 500 gold what I missed with this, didn't mean anything anyway [img]smile.gif[/img]

But yes, once he's gone - he's gone, for good.