Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2002, 05:00 PM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I am in need of some Adamantine, to get my beloved sword Harbinger Kin. However, I seem to have lost my one piece from chapter 1. So I am asking you, does anyone know of a place where I can get Adamantine in chapter 3?
On forehand, thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:05 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
AFAIK you can only get adamantite in chapter 1.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:09 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yeah Im pretty sure the chapter 1 adamantine is the only piece in the game Ive never found another piece anyway
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:54 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Yeah Im pretty sure the chapter 1 adamantine is the only piece in the game Ive never found another piece anyway
I can't remember where I got it, but I found some adamantine in Chapter 3. What does the Harbinger sword and stuff do anyways? I never have tried item creation. I have reagents and a diamond and a whole slew of other stuff I keep in a bag of holding, but just never get around to it. I have made the sorceror's staff, but that was the only thing I could make since the other reagents weren't right, or I didn't have the correct scroll or spell or whatnot. Jeez. Anyways, there is some adamantine in Walev's Tower or his lab. I think. Just have to look (maybe this was chapter 2?)

For anybody that does multi, and can connect somewhere, I have like 5 adamantine and 2 diamonds.

[ 08-18-2002, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
I can't remember where I got it, but I found some adamantine in Chapter 3. What does the Harbinger sword and stuff do anyways? I never have tried item creation. I have reagents and a diamond and a whole slew of other stuff I keep in a bag of holding, but just never get around to it. I have made the sorceror's staff, but that was the only thing I could make since the other reagents weren't right, or I didn't have the correct scroll or spell or whatnot. Jeez. Anyways, there is some adamantine in Walev's Tower or his lab. I think. Just have to look (maybe this was chapter 2?)
[/QUOTE]I never found any except in Chapter 1. Stuff is more rare than the Wand of Orcus...

If you want to see what all of the weapons/items do, open up the toolset, and open one of the shops (use a chapter 3 one, like the one in the town). You can then look at all of the items in the game, and see all of their stats. I found that very useful before I started playing a fighter, since it helped in deciding what weapon I wanted to focus/specialize in.

As far as what you need to construct each item, just talk to the guy that can forge the item, and one of the dialog options will cause him to give you a book that has all of the recipes in it.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 04:41 AM   #6
Arglbarg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings,

i found 2 pieces of adamantite in chapter 1.
the boss mob in no mans land and the zoo leader got some.
harbringer sword is pretty crappy:
2-handed +1 +2 fire damage

Arglbarg
Arglbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 06:05 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Arglbarg:
Greetings,

i found 2 pieces of adamantite in chapter 1.
the boss mob in no mans land and the zoo leader got some.

Arglbarg
Oh yeah, I forgot that the zoo keeper had 1 too. So there are at least 4 different places you can get it then. There's 1 place in Chapter 3, 1 place in Chapter 2, and 2 places in Chapter 1. I'm glad you told me what the Harbringer sword is cause I haven't had time to mess with the toolset yet and had tried talking to that dude in Chapter 3 (I think, been jumping around now that I have finished the game), but he doesn't give me a book and I'm too lazy to write it down. LOL. I don't really like 2-handed swords anyways though. My character is a Ranger. I prefer either 1-handed or dual fighting method.
Old 08-19-2002, 07:54 AM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Greetings,

Arglbarg
Yup, the +1 sword is not too good. The +3, however, is very good, with +3 enchancement bonus, and 1d6 fire damage. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2002, 10:31 AM   #9
Arglbarg
Elite Waterdeep Guard

how did you do that, or should i ask where ? i tried to create it ín chapter 4 with a std. +3 2-handed and some adamantite. still that crap +1 blade.

Arglbarg
Arglbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 10:52 AM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
how did you do that, or should i ask where ? i tried to create it ín chapter 4 with a std. +3 2-handed and some adamantite. still that crap +1 blade.

Arglbarg
I dont know how to get the +3 version. I've only gotten +1 so far, but I know the +3 from the toolset.
I was hoping that with a +3-sword it would give me a +3 version, but I guess not, then.