Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 09:47 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ok, I downloaded a couple of mods for my second run through the game(same party as first time, and through HOW) but this time on heart of fury mode, and it's been pretty rough, but fun, however I was looking through the spells and found Mass Cure, from BG2 I tried casting and the game immediately exited to windows, is this a known bug, or am I just lucky? also several spells and magic items lost their descriptions, is this normal too?

(running windows 2k, 500MHz 512MB RAM)
Old 09-15-2002, 09:52 AM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Sorry Morgeruat, but this is a new one on me. I've never heard of 'Mass Cure', in IWD/HoW/TotL, even on HoF mode. Where did you see the spell?

If you've used something that shouldn't be in the game (and if you use Dalekeeper this is easy to do as BG1 items at least are listed) then the likelihood is that you've overwritten part of the data for the game with spurious material. You may have to reinstall I'm afraid. (If it makes you feel any better I've now b*ggered up IWD three times this week!)

If you have Dalekeeper (I'm always proselytizing this product ) then edit all of your saves, and take out anything you think shouldn't be there. Then, cut the saves out of their folder from C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Icewind Dale etc, and store them somewhere else. Reinstall the game, and copy/paste the saves back over. Any problems should be gone as the data is overwritten. Worse case will be that accessing the saves will cause the game to cascade to Windoze. In which case, I'm afraid you know what you'll have to do: start again.

Hope that helps, and let us know.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:46 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

Which mods? AFAIK theres only about 2 for IWD. You sure you didnt install a BG2 mod by mistake. That would explain a BG2 spell showing up.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:54 AM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

looking through I found two other mods I installed after TotL, Project Auril, and winters bane, I'll try dropping those and see if it works now...
Old 09-16-2002, 04:30 PM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

At least one, if not both of these mods overwrite the dialog.tlk file in your main game folder. Thus, they do not work with TotTL installed. I'm afraid it's one or the other (well the other two that is).
Old 09-16-2002, 09:06 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

ok, dropped both the extra mods, now it's just IWD, HOW, and ToL

reinstalls are so much fun... not

[ 09-16-2002, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]