Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2001, 01:18 PM   #11
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

The studded leather armor of missile attraction is somewhere is BG, but that's a damn long time ago since I played this game.. I can't remember where that was, sorry

------------------

Lady Menqel, Protector of IW's, smiter of evil

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Priest of Helm
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
- Thanks to Sazerac for the great sig picture
Mirac Honorguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2001, 02:10 PM   #12
TotalLobotamy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the ring of mirror image is somewhere in one of the south east maps of Baldur's Gate the city, its been a few years since i played but i do remember sticking that on my mage after i got it...basically all i remember of that place is that this guy had a few invisible demons chasing me for a time.
sorry if i couldnt be of more help
TotalLobotamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 10:36 AM   #13
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

SixOfSpades, I have a walkthrough in which is said that the ring can be found in the undercellar. This walktrough is only for BG without ToSC and was published before ToSC was released (at least I think so, but nothing is written in the walkthrough about this). I played BG1 always with ToSC installed, so I cannot confirm the walkthrough´s version or yours.
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2001, 02:00 PM   #14
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I don't think the pair in the Undercellar were carrying ANY rings, let alone unidentified ones. Your walkthrough may say they have the Ring because, in fact, they DO....I don't think Krystin's Invisibility is from a spell. The thing is, that ring has been designated "Non-removable" by the designers, so you can't loot it from her corpse. It still shows up when you look at each character in the game with a hacking tool called Infinity Explorer, and that's what I think whoever wrote that walkthrough did.

There are plenty of other characters in the game wearing non-removable items, for when BioWare wanted to give a person certain attributes. Edwin's amulet is one, and also, Sarevok has a sword, armor, and a ring--you can find out all about them with Infinity Explorer, but when you kill him and mouse over his body, you don't see any items at all.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 02:25 AM   #15
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Fortunately I am playing BG1 + ToSC at the moment again. This evening I will have to kill the tanari in Ulgoth and then move on to Baldurs Gate. Hopefully tonight I can post, if they have the ring or not (i cannot remember the last time i played, but i am quite sure I had a ring of invisibility).

PS The walkthrough is not the best I have to admit because it mixes the position of several tomes and also says that there should be a tome to raise dex. The tome I found at the given position rose cha
Old 10-22-2001, 03:38 PM   #16
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

OK, Six, you won. No Ring of Invisibilty was to be found at the assasin couple. Not even the dagger+3 promised in my walkthrough
Old 10-22-2001, 09:03 PM   #17
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, just another +2 dagger, like you needed another +2 dagger. Slythe's weapon is cool, though.

It's too bad they decided not to make the Ring of Invisibility lootable....it's not like it'll make your team any more powerful in combat. And I think it'd be kinda cool to have my entire party invisible, just for the heck of it.
Me (Fighter): Ring of Invisibility
Imoen, Kivan, Minsc, Coran: 100% Stealth
Canderous (or Branwen or Yeslick): Sanctuary

BTW, I'm playing the game as a solo Thief right now....For all you folks out there who've soloed the whole game, is it possible to take the fight at the Duchal Palace without using spells? The best wand I can use is Sleep, and somehow I don't think that's going to work terribly well.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 01:29 AM   #18
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I used the one Ring of Invisibility only in the Maze beneath the Thieves guild. I made Imoen invisible and let her scout ahead and disarm the traps. I never used it in combat.