Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 03:05 PM   #61
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
A martyr? How long do you think list Fortuyn will last withoud Fortuyn?
It's still the question wether that party will withdraw now or not, so let's leave that question in the middle... They can always continue without him in his honour...[/QUOTE]They might get a few extra 'sympathy votes'. But the party will fall appart eventually.[/QUOTE]But those few extra "sympathy votes" could very well ruin Dutch politics for at least the next 4 years, it's so close to the elections that the chance people will vote for a party's opinions is even smaller, and let emotions lead their voting behaviour...

But heck, I disgust myself by even doing speculations like these close after his death, sorry for that...
Old 05-06-2002, 03:19 PM   #62
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:

But heck, I disgust myself by even doing speculations like these close after his death, sorry for that...
Don't, Groj *hugs*
heck, I wouldn't doubt your integrity for a moment. I know what you mean, but it's impossible not to think about the political consequences, at least to some extent. I feel literally sick right now, have a hell of a stomach hurt just from shock, and I think everybody is shocked by his death. Still it's not disgusting or disrespectful to think about how things must continue in Holland. I think I agree with Dreamer - Pim WAS the party - could you name any other member of his party who could even come close to him (if you can even name one at all)? He was the driving force, and now that he's gone, I don't think there will be much left.

[ 05-06-2002, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 05-06-2002, 03:44 PM   #63
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:

Don't, Groj *hugs*
heck, I wouldn't doubt your integrity for a moment. I know what you mean, but it's impossible not to think about the political consequences, at least to some extent. I feel literally sick right now, have a hell of a stomach hurt just from shock, and I think everybody is shocked by his death. Still it's not disgusting or disrespectful to think about how things must continue in Holland. I think I agree with Dreamer - Pim WAS the party - could you name any other member of his party who could even come close to him (if you can even name one at all)? He was the driving force, and now that he's gone, I don't think there will be much left.
[/QUOTE]What I meant to say is that people don't even care about who will take his place - they will vote for List Pim Fortuyn no matter who is taking his place as first candidate, especially if you see some of his supporters' reactions on TV right now... That's what I'm afraid of.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:50 PM   #64
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
What I meant to say is that people don't even care about who will take his place - they will vote for List Pim Fortuyn no matter who is taking his place as first candidate, especially if you see some of his supporters' reactions on TV right now... That's what I'm afraid of.
I'm not too sure about that... People are certainly outraged, but what they wanted was to vote Pim Fortuyn. When his party got over a third of the votes in Rotterdam in the municipal elections, ALL the votes were for him specifically. I'd sooner expect people to vote Leefbaar Nederland.... but we'll have to see. Personally I think the elections should be postponed. Like someone said on TV just now, there is no way the elections, if held next week, would give an accurate representation of the public's will.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:51 PM   #65
Lord Shield

There are still about 9 days to go before the election. Once people have calmed down, I would suspect people will vote normally

Old 05-06-2002, 03:52 PM   #66
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Like someone said on TV just now, there is no way the elections, if held next week, would give an accurate representation of the public's will.
In full agreement.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:59 PM   #67
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
There are still about 9 days to go before the election. Once people have calmed down, I would suspect people will vote normally
Oh please...

I agree too, Groj.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:03 PM   #68
Sorcerer Alex

The elections are going to be postponed, that's for sure. At least, that's what I'm hearing everywhere...

Old 05-06-2002, 04:04 PM   #69
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, if that's true I can't say I'm not glad about that.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:09 PM   #70
Lord Shield

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
Oh please...
[/QUOTE]whatever.

arledrain, are you hearing this on the TV? I don't see anything on the net yet