Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2001, 08:27 AM   #41
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by signe:

... or an archeologist like Indiana Jones...

That's a great idea Signe, it usually works until you find out she actually is a spy or an archaeologist! She asks you what you think about the implications of the Valetta Convention on rescue archaeology in europe, and then watches you fall asleep...
Old 11-30-2001, 08:36 AM   #42
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Well if your nervous the obvious solution is to show up drunk! Try not to be too stumbling drunk though, that tends to turn them off for some reason. Dunno why. Yes more useless advice from the Lord of Alcohol [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Another excerpt from the Holy Book of Alcohol [img]smile.gif[/img] With such divine power you can never go wrong.

And I cant really give you any advice except just try and loosen up and stop worrying about whether you are doing the right thing and just have fun. Whenever I go out on a date (half the time this involves drunken encounters [img]tongue.gif[/img] Yes I AM a student! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I just fly ahead and have the time of my life, and youll find more often than not the girl is having just as much fun.
Or at least thats what they tell me
Old 11-30-2001, 10:56 AM   #43
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by 250:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Dragonmage!!!!!
what you talking about? I was just kidding! geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh, I know you said that because you dont really know whats going on in my life, but me and Gina love each other very much, alright? she is pretty right by my judgement

Sorry, hon - just sticking my foot in my mouth again...I seem to be doing that alot lately. I'll leave you alone now...
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 12-01-2001, 05:30 AM   #44
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well here is what happened.
She called me about 2 hours before we were going to meet and said she couldn't make it tonight, because she had a very hard day at work and was very tired, and asked if it was okey if we did this later. I said of course I'd love to but I got the feeling she didn't really mean that.
Well it could have gone worse I guess... (she could have showed up and shot me [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
I just spent the night with some friends at a pub, went home early and ended up at my sisters place watching old Friends episodes, alone on her couch.
I feel kinda pathetic... I mean how low can you go? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2001, 05:59 AM   #45
Sorcerer Alex

Nothing 'low' about it, Jorath. Okay, so she couldn't make it, it's not the end of the world. Make sure you get back to her though, or she does to you, because you don't want to lose contact with her. Try it again a week or two later. In a way, you're lucky, you've got the hardest part over with - asking her out. Now all you have to do is arrange a time and place. Don't be sad because it didn't happen, look forward to when it can happen.

Good luck mate, I'm sure it will all work out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2001, 06:01 AM   #46
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Well here is what happened.
She called me about 2 hours before we were going to meet and said she couldn't make it tonight, because she had a very hard day at work and was very tired, and asked if it was okey if we did this later. I said of course I'd love to but I got the feeling she didn't really mean that.
Well it could have gone worse I guess... (she could have showed up and shot me [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
I just spent the night with some friends at a pub, went home early and ended up at my sisters place watching old Friends episodes, alone on her couch.
I feel kinda pathetic... I mean how low can you go? [img]smile.gif[/img]

does she actually **know** you? It seems she is not giving you any chance. I tell you what, do the most loving things you can think of. BUT, **do not** be sticky. it is kinda like she is your favorite sister. you need to be very understanding and supportive, and **at least appear to be** sacrificing. but dont do too much, do it in a light hearted way that prints a message "I do this without asking for anything in return" and DONT do it with a martyr's face

got my meaning? good luck

P.S. I know it doesnt feel good, but what other choices do you have?