Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2002, 07:05 AM   #1
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

Anyone ever read the books, well Khalid dies to some weird skeleton things that turn him to mush and after that Jaheria gets the hots for our hero. Does she do that in BG SoA?
Old 07-09-2002, 08:59 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by A1C_Dark-Void:
Anyone ever read the books, well Khalid dies to some weird skeleton things that turn him to mush and after that Jaheria gets the hots for our hero. Does she do that in BG SoA?
Khalid does die, but not turn into mush. He is... 'operated' on by Jon Irenicus as Imoen watches on. Cut by cut, he slowly speaks to Imoen, making sure she can hear him and see what he is doing.

Jaheira is obviously distraughted and eventually tries to seek comfort in you.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:10 AM   #3
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Hi, I'm new to the forums, was content to lurk about without registering until I saw 'books'. What do you mean books? Are there stories about Khalid and Jaheria, or what? I wanna get my hands on them! Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-2002, 06:14 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pcgiant:
Hi, I'm new to the forums, was content to lurk about without registering until I saw 'books'. What do you mean books? Are there stories about Khalid and Jaheria, or what? I wanna get my hands on them! Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the Ironworks Forums.

As for your question, it seems that the Collector Edition of SoA came with a book that is suppose to chronicle the PC's journey through the game. Many people seem to pan it though.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 01:12 AM   #5
A1C_Dark-Void
Dungeon Master

There are books, there is one on BG, BG ToSC, BG SoA, and BG TOM, and BG The Reckoning, the last hasnt been made a game of but it is also a tieup of all the other books. They are writen buy different people and the whole thing was supervised by Salvitor (I dont think thats how you spell the name but oh well). They are good books, they give you some great ideas for the game, but they dont seem to follow it to well.

I know how he dies in SoA, I wanted to know if the rest of the romance fell to the book, but then again as I am playing it again, I find Aerie tries to do that wacky thing with you. Oh well. I give up, back to hacking and slashing!
Old 07-13-2002, 04:09 PM   #6
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've never heard of 'BG the reckoning". Spoil me dammit, tell me what it's about!
Old 07-15-2002, 04:33 PM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I wasn't all too fond of those books.. I despised Abdel, the Bhaalspawn (The PC) and there were some liberties taken with altering the plot that were just inexcusable in my opinion (Those of you who know who Gaelan Bayle works for in the books know what I'm talking about.)

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote