Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

i think i might have a bug with my solo wizard when he is in combat, he always does the same amount of damage. It happened the last time i soloed a wizaed where he ended doing the same amount of damage each time and double that whenever he got a critical hit.

right now with strength 18 he is continously doing 7 damage and 14 on a crit, is this a bug. Im not patched lol
Old 09-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
Zink Whistlefly

One thing that springs to mind is the difficulty level. Playing on easy makes you do maximum damage (like a KAI ability that's always on). That said, a 1D6 quarter staff in the hands of an 18 STR character should do 8 damage so I'm not sure what's going on there

Incidentally - get patched!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
Andraste
Manshoon

The thought that ran through my mind as I read this was, what on earth is your solo mage doing in combat? It had never even occurred to me to wonder what sort of hit damage they could do. Are you sure you meant what you typed?

Anyway, I don't have a clue what the melee damage should or could be. AFAIR, when I soloed a sorcerer, I didn't bother with a weapon. Of course, I had the Staff of the Cheese, but I'm sure I never hit anyone with it.

If you're below level 15, summon spider-spawn. If you're level 15 or over (which you should hit quite quickly) summon undead. In either case, send them ahead and keep well out of the way of anyone carrying a weapon.

Just my advice.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #4
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

I see your point andraste but theres no point wasting spells on things like goblins or thieves which you can take down simply and without spells.