Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 07:54 PM   #1
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

I heard several things about the staff of the magi, One of them that it is found in some sidequest. I didn't want to spoil myself by reading how to get it as I thought I would encounter it myself. But now I am in chapter 6 and ready for Suldanessaler and I still haven't found it yet, I have done every possible quest so far. Did I miss it? Or is it still coming somewhere in Chapter 6 or 7? I am really looking forward to this item, although I haven't got a clue what it does, but everyone seems very excited about it. So spoils are now welcome on "when" or "where" but not on "what" [img]smile.gif[/img]
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:12 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

SPOILER...
...As I recall, it's in with the Twisted Rune Gang, whom you've probably already heard about. That's a tough fight, and I don't recommend it unless you've done all of Chapter 2-6, and returned (unless you employ cheese, or cheats).
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 08:14 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You can do it at any point in the game.

You need a rouge stone in your back pack for this though.

Anyway if you know where the man in red who was burying people alive was standing its in a house north of that.

If you have done the Kangaxx quest its in that same house in the bridge district that had the lich in it, just go in the other door.

If you dont know either of those places the building is osuth of where the tanner was and it is facing the river. It wont take much to find.

Beware the trap on the door and when it opens and you go through you and lose the rouge stone by entering.

Inside is a very high level group, shangalar the lich who is very tough, a thief who is a pushover, a vampire who drains four levels when he hits you watch him, a beholder, kill that one quick too and a high level mage who has the staff, just cloud kill her multiple times and take out the vamp and the beholder as fast as possible, the lich will be there for the long hall.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:52 PM   #4
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Well, thanx guys I found the gang!

The battle was actually very easy imo, I threw in all the magic I had and it was good! BTW The Staff of the Magi is great, just what I was looking for [img]smile.gif[/img]
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 01-12-2002, 10:32 PM   #5
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Is there anything in the game that tells of the twisted rune gang or the fact you need a rogue stone to get in?
Old 01-12-2002, 10:35 PM   #6
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

Well, not as far as I know, It's more of an Easter Egg if you ask me.

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Old 01-13-2002, 09:33 AM   #7
Keylow
Manshoon

Actually, the TwistedRune is part of an unimplemented quest. There where suppossed to be connections to the GuardedCompound in the TempleDistrict and to the slavers, I believe. I think there was also suppossed to be some kind of connection with the SkinnerMurders, because when you do that quest you run into some RuneAssassins in the tanners basement.
To bad the whole thing never got implemented...