Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 12:45 AM   #1
Dark Cobalt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's funny how i've been around DC project for so long and i never noticed the IW forum until now. I guess I was busy downloading loads of artwork from Ironworks. Nice job.
Anyway, I was just about to "scribe" another spell to the DC world all the way back from UA. Yep, thanks to the readme and the infamous "item editors" (SSI aproved...) I've had access to the "numbers" and... I got tired at the minute, so I had this need to know if anybody else has completed the "scroll-scribing" marathon... Of course the spells I scribed first were "Heal major wounds" and "Heal critical wounds" jejeje...
The other main problem is of course the art for the spells, but since all my mind is focused in computers since... 11 years ago, my artist skills suck.

"Beware of the Great Nerd, for he shall cometh"
From "The Lord of the Nerds"

-Dark Cobalt
Dark Cobalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #2
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

DC doesn't support scrolls or scribing yet. We need to work out the regular spells first and then we'll get the scrolls working.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
Dark Cobalt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh, dear. What should I do? People just don't seem to understand me!
WHAT I MEANT... Is that I was trying to "make" or "create" or "program" new SPELLS in the SPELL DATABASE. Really, guys... Am I the last indirect ironic man? Am I the only one that ever played Planet's Edge? I just don't know...
Excuse me for talking this way, but I really think my purpose was quite clear, and I hate being misunderstood. Sorry if I inconvenienced you in any way, it's just that I get like this when people misunderstand my words. Especially if I use some ironic expression, which I didn't use in that post.

Siak-tair ad shair (Yes, that's the high and mighty Kalada-shan language)
(It means see you later or something like that, so don't censor it
-Dark Cobalt
Old 08-07-2002, 06:51 PM   #4
foody
Manshoon

Dear sir I understand your furstration and you can talk this way to all of us BUT DON'T TALK TO RICHARD THAT WAY, EVER!!!
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 12:39 AM   #5
Dark Cobalt
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Please, read the entire post so you can understand it clearly.
That is, in case you want to read it.

See? You people misunderstood me again. Really... I cannot think of a way to make myself clear to you. I think that because i'm a nerd, you're bound to misunderstand my ironic or sarcastic words... That is what happens when you spend 12 years of your life, six hours a day in front of a computer, you become different from the rest of society, that's what happened to me.
Now you might be wondering why I've deviated from the DC issues.
It's so simple. I've tried to post an interesting issue, about the development of magic spells, and it's mistaken for the process of scroll scribe. Everyone makes mistakes. Jokingly, I posted a harmless sarcasm, which I hope the moderator could understand clearly. And you, whoever you are, "foody" reacted the wrong way. I don't blame you. Just try to find out what people really mean in their words, and you will be able to read their thoughts.
Phew, that's one long post... And it has nothing to do with DC...
Sorry...

"Knowledge is the ultimate power.
Intelligence is the only way to achieve it."
-Dark Cobalt