Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Arrow

May be a spoiler for new players...

What if while playing the game you come upon quest items for a henchman but you don't have that particular henchman with you. How does this affect gameplay? They need some time with you before they open up so if you still have said items in your inventory when you ask said henchman to join you how does this affect gameplay? Is the quest blown? Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 03:51 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

They will work as normal. When you get them to tell you what they are looking for, you can simply give it to them in conversation.
Old 01-17-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
What's that, Bob? You need the original copy of the blueprints to the cathedral devoted to Lathander? I just *happen* to have it right here. I've been carrying it around with me for a week. You should have asked earlier.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 05:02 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Actually the 'opening up' part isn't time based, instead it's your level that counts. If you just want to solve their quests you hardly need the henchmen at all, you just need to talk to them to get their quest and then talk to them to give them the quest item.

Heck, I don't even think you need to talk to them the first time, just walz up to them when you have the quest item in your possession and go through the dialogue.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:34 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks again, and man am I really enjoying this game. By the way, I have loaded SoU as well. But does that not limit me to Level 20 characters? If I load HotU will that up my ability to clim higher in SoU or does this only take place when I finally get to HotU?
Old 01-17-2004, 05:46 PM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

SoU is meant to be played with a new level 1 character and its plot is seperate from NWN. HotU's story continues the one from SoU so playing the same character in the two expansion is probably your best bet.

SoU ends around level 12-13 and it's unlikely you'll reach higher than that. HotU starts at level 15 and to fill the gap both story-wise and level-wise there are several fan made modules to download. I just finished SoU and is playing one of the bridging modules right now.

[ 01-17-2004, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 01-18-2004, 02:03 PM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Thanks, Stratos, when I get to the need to download bridging modules I'll call on you for suggestions. Okay? Or are these official ones that are suggested by Bioware.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:09 PM   #8
Stratos
Vampire

No, they're not really official but it was Bioware that held the contest to create a bridging module and I believe it was they who crowned the winner. But they're still completely fan made and not directly linked to BW.