Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
capnaugie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have been playing ID2 for quite a while now. My life prevents me from spending to much time on the computer at once, sucky! My party reached the Ice Temple, and the whole game started to bog, hardcore. I know I don't have the fastest processor and video card out there, but I didn't expect an AMD 1.4 GH running with a G-Force 3 w/ 64MB to bog down with this game. If it was just while I was inside the temple surrounded by monsters it wouldn't suprise me, but I have left the area to test my theory of too much happening at once. It bogs on the loading of the game and saved game as well, not just while running inside the Ice Temple. Anyone got any ideas on a fix, or had to deal with the same thing? Please help? I am getting close to shelving the game, the playbility sucks that much.
Old 01-20-2003, 05:21 PM   #2
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Do you have anything running in the background, such as a virus checker? Can't think of any other reason offhand why the game should suddenly be running so slowly. I played IWD2 on an A600 with Voodoo 3 16 meg card, and it ran just fine (though a tad slow when there was a lot of animations, it was never bad).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 05:40 PM   #3
capnaugie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I do have a virus checker running, but it has been running the whole game and not interfered yet. Why all of a sudden? If it is the heavy graphics thing, then when I leave the area it sould return to normal. It does not. I will have to see if I can turn off my virus checker without it affecting my firewall, as I have a cable modem and am not about to lower my defenses on that.
Old 01-20-2003, 09:32 PM   #4
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

Probably run a disk cleanup thingy while you are at it. It could be that other programs have been using the ram previously. Or probably run a defragment on the comp and see what happens. It should work out fine. I used to play Warcraft III on my comp and i always have a disk cleanup so that it clears up unnecessary usage of my comp's memory.

Try it
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 10:21 PM   #5
capnaugie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Dmouse. I will give it a shot.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:02 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

quit your game, restart your computer and play the game again.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:34 AM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Try emptying the contents of your cache file, temp and temp save folders. It sounds like those are getting full and causing the computer to slow down as it swaps files.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote