Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I've just found out that the Simpsons will soon be coming to an end, I cannot believe it

here's the article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ent...00/1960069.stm

I know the aticle is a month old, but its news to me

[img]graemlins/bart.gif[/img]

[ 05-30-2002, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Daniel ]
Old 05-30-2002, 01:23 PM   #2
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

yeah, no more simpsons. I guess a lot of people need to find a new hobby then. Simpsons came close to a lifestyle. Worse: NO more Itchy & Scratchy !!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 01:57 PM   #3
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

I couldn't find the link, but basically Matt Groening said that he was misquoted, The Simpsons are not going to be cancelled anytime soon. He said he would keep it going as long as he felt he could write stories..

here are some links:

http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=...oted&hc=0&hs=0

http://www.undercover.com.au/20020502_simpsons.html

The Simpsons: Here to stay

The creator of The Simpsons has denied reports that he was considering bringing an end to his hit cartoon series.
Matt Groening was reported on Tuesday as having told the UK newspaper the Financial Times he was thinking of ending the show.

But on Wednesday he said he had been misquoted and that The Simpsons would be around for years to come.

Groening has been the inspiration behind Homer and his family since 1990, when they got their first regular show.

I just said that given the fact the we just finished our 300th episode, I would guess we are closer to the end of our life than the beginning

Matt Groening

The Financial Times reported Groening saying he was planning to wind up the series because it was harder and harder to find funny things to say.

But on Wednesday Groening retorted: "I was misquoted and misunderstood. I don't want anyone to think I am predicting the demise of The Simpsons.

"They will live on with new adventures for years to come. As long as there are things to make fun of we will be around."

Misunderstood

The Simpsons is one of the most successful cartoon series in TV history. It is now seen by 60 million people worldwide.

Hints that the show was on its last legs therefore created an international fuss.

Matt Groening: The Simpsons' inspiration

The paper quoted Groening as saying: "I think we are closer to winding it up.

"Although what happens generally if we win the Emmy for best animation show is that that gives us another couple of years to run it into the ground.

"It becomes increasingly difficult as the years go by to keep on not only surprising the audience, but surprising ourselves."

Groening said these were comments he had often made before but on this occasion been taken our of context and misunderstood.

"I just said that given the fact the we just finished our 300th episode, I would guess we are closer to the end of our life than the beginning," Groening explained on Wednesday.

"At the end of our 100th episode (one of our writers) said we were halfway home. Now we think the show will last, our ratings are better than ever," he continued.

He added that he was not bored or unhappy with the programme.

In fact, he concluded, that he and his team were always striving to make the characters and storylines better and better.

[ 05-30-2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Tanoch Thas'ala ]
Old 05-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I haven't seen some of the new eps this season,t he show started to lose its magic for me really, the writers are losing their touch I think...
Old 05-30-2002, 03:15 PM   #5
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoch Thas'ala:
I couldn't find the link, but basically Matt Groening said that he was misquoted, The Simpsons are not going to be cancelled anytime soon. He said he would keep it going as long as he felt he could write stories..

here are some links:

http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=...oted&hc=0&hs=0

http://www.undercover.com.au/20020502_simpsons.html

The Simpsons: Here to stay

The creator of The Simpsons has denied reports that he was considering bringing an end to his hit cartoon series.
Matt Groening was reported on Tuesday as having told the UK newspaper the Financial Times he was thinking of ending the show.

But on Wednesday he said he had been misquoted and that The Simpsons would be around for years to come.

Groening has been the inspiration behind Homer and his family since 1990, when they got their first regular show.

I just said that given the fact the we just finished our 300th episode, I would guess we are closer to the end of our life than the beginning

Matt Groening

The Financial Times reported Groening saying he was planning to wind up the series because it was harder and harder to find funny things to say.

But on Wednesday Groening retorted: "I was misquoted and misunderstood. I don't want anyone to think I am predicting the demise of The Simpsons.

"They will live on with new adventures for years to come. As long as there are things to make fun of we will be around."

Misunderstood

The Simpsons is one of the most successful cartoon series in TV history. It is now seen by 60 million people worldwide.

Hints that the show was on its last legs therefore created an international fuss.

Matt Groening: The Simpsons' inspiration

The paper quoted Groening as saying: "I think we are closer to winding it up.

"Although what happens generally if we win the Emmy for best animation show is that that gives us another couple of years to run it into the ground.

"It becomes increasingly difficult as the years go by to keep on not only surprising the audience, but surprising ourselves."

Groening said these were comments he had often made before but on this occasion been taken our of context and misunderstood.

"I just said that given the fact the we just finished our 300th episode, I would guess we are closer to the end of our life than the beginning," Groening explained on Wednesday.

"At the end of our 100th episode (one of our writers) said we were halfway home. Now we think the show will last, our ratings are better than ever," he continued.

He added that he was not bored or unhappy with the programme.

In fact, he concluded, that he and his team were always striving to make the characters and storylines better and better.
Yippee thanx for correcting me i feel much better now
Old 05-30-2002, 04:15 PM   #6
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

Doe!If that's gonna happen the worse thing shalleth happen NO MORE HOMER!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!
Old 05-30-2002, 04:44 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I haven't seen some of the new eps this season, the show started to lose its magic for me really, the writers are losing their touch I think...
Same here, the stories they were coming up with were getting ridiculous.