Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
Krynvull
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I sent to BGII Tech support and they suggested dumping the program and reinstalling BGII as a solution to a problem that I was having. Halfway through the re-install the set-up program "crashed." It has been two months since the "crash" and I can't get BGII to re-install. I receive the message "Do you want to remove all the files,etc." to which I answer yes and then try to re-install and keep getting the same message over and over and over...well, you get the picture. Even though the remove message says that the program BGII has been removed it still remains on the Add/Remove list. If you can understand this and have a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated because I have been replaying IceWind Dale and BGI while trying to get back into BGII and am just plain tired of trying on my own. Recap...Remove/Install on the Control Panel does not seem to recognize that I want to re-install BGII since the "crash" while re-installing per BGII's tech support team.
Old 03-22-2001, 01:19 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Backup the BG2 folder into another directory (if you have the hard drive space). Otherwise back up your "save" and "characters" (or any other folders you have modified) folders somewhere in your computer away from the BG2 folder. Then delete the BG2 folder and reinstall the game (or move the whole folder into recycling bin, which will say it is too big and do you want to delete it? Say yes).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-22-2001, 01:21 AM   #3
Entreri
Manshoon

Delete it by putting the bg2 folder in trash can .. I have many prog un instal with The add/remove fonction and it is not delete in the program list after too. If you delete it by putting the folder in the trash can, they wont ask you to override since you DO not have it now ... I you want to keep the save game just dont delete that part only, you do know where it is stored I think.

------------------

Maybe it's because I hate drows more than I hate Humans - Jarlaxle to Entreri
Old 03-22-2001, 04:13 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Krynvull,
if all this doesn't work, you may have a problem with the BG II registry settings still present. I can help you remove them if you need it.

------------------