Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2003, 09:42 AM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Irongrinder:
So you mean that's where the elves started? I haven't read the silmarillion so I have no idea about it. I'm still searching for the book in local stores
It's probably obtainable in every bookshop in the Netherlands at the moment. Even before the movie hype, there were countless stores that stocked it. I think your best bet would be the ABC (American Book Centre) in The Hague - that's probably not too far away for you, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2003, 11:05 AM   #12
quietman1920

"...It inspired me to search for more LOTR artwork."

Hi again. I was inspired too; your posted pictures are all Amazingly Beautiful. I kind of felt guilty, not posting anything and all, so I decided to do a Google Search to see if I could contribute as well.

Now I should tell you that I did find some artwork. I think. It's Definitely 'Lord Of The Rings Based' but, well, errr, I don't know. While I can't quite put my finger on it, these artworks just don't seem right to me.
I definitely don't remember Boromir being That friendly, in any event.

http://www.squidge.org/~praxisters/TBlotr.html
Old 02-13-2003, 04:42 AM   #13
Irongrinder

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
It's probably obtainable in every bookshop in the Netherlands at the moment. Even before the movie hype, there were countless stores that stocked it. I think your best bet would be the ABC (American Book Centre) in The Hague - that's probably not too far away for you, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
If I had a car it would be close yes [img]smile.gif[/img]
I only checked the local stores here in Vlaardingen so far, but they don't have much here, I even had to order the Dark Elf Trilogy because they didn't have it in stock

Seems not much fantasy readers here in Vlaardingen. Oh well, I might try Rotterdam soon. Thanks Melusine
Old 02-13-2003, 05:48 AM   #14
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Irongrinder:
If I had a car it would be close yes [img]smile.gif[/img]
I only checked the local stores here in Vlaardingen so far, but they don't have much here, I even had to order the Dark Elf Trilogy because they didn't have it in stock

Seems not much fantasy readers here in Vlaardingen. Oh well, I might try Rotterdam soon. Thanks Melusine
If we ever get a PDM meeting off the ground ( [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] ) let me know if you have found it by that time. I can get almost any fantasy type stuff around Amsterdam so I could bring it with me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-13-2003, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 02-13-2003, 06:26 AM   #15
Irongrinder

That's a BIG if
Old 02-13-2003, 06:09 PM   #16
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Cerek, I really like that one of the Balrog by John Howe. Why are they so fascinating?