Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 04:37 PM   #1
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I found something I think can be classified as annoying. Is this normal, does it all work out in the end? Every time I level my people only get 1hp, and 1 or 2 ability points. I can reboot about 50 time (not joking), and maybe I well get a luck 6hp increase. Even on my paly and Warrior I only get 1hp. does this change ever? Thanks.
jlink

[This message has been edited by jlinkk (edited 06-03-2001).]
jlinkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:39 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's random, and it's based on your fortitude, race, and class. Apparently, it rerolls your entire HP whenever you go up a level. If your current HP is higher than what is rolled, you only get 1 HP increase. If your HP is less than the roll, you get added to it whatever the difference is to bring you up to the new HP.

If you want to increase your HP, and you're not using the PATCH, cast Toughen on your characters just outside a city gate, then enter the City. The HP increases will be permanent.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Have you recently change roles??

This is quite common and there is no great benefit to be had by reloading and trying again. It WILL work out in the end!!

Wyv

There are other threads on this subject if you want to search - or I can pull them up if you like.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:40 PM   #4
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

)!

Old 06-03-2001, 04:42 PM   #5
jlinkk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL. tricks from the trade. Gotta love this place. thanks fellas. That also makes good sense about the hp roll issue )
jlink

Old 06-03-2001, 05:29 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Reloading isn't, in my experience, a very good idea for the later parts of the game if you've been reloading for my hp all along. Since it recalculates all of your HP, chances are that the higher in levels you go, the less chance of getting the large HP increases. And sometimes you get pleasantly surprised when you level up with 54 hit points! (not kidding, this has happened to me several times. I love Barbarians don't you?) I recommend using the reload technique only for the first 5-8 levels and then stop. That way seems to work well, for me anyway.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 05:38 PM   #7
Dragonrat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This same thing happened to me last night! The reloading thing used to work just fine.. usually could get quite a few extra hit points. I noticed when I changed my warriors to a ranger and barbarian, they would only get one or two hit points, but all of a sudden ALL my characters (5 out of 6 leveled up at once) would only get 1 hit point! (the ones that haven't changed classes yet are about level 8 or so.. in Serpent Temple.) I think I spent at least half an hour last night trying to reload and only getting 1 hit point before I gave up in disgust and went to bed! Thanks for this thread, now I'll spend less time reloading and more time playing!

Dragonrat
Dragonrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 05:54 PM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

IMO, hit points aren't something you really have to worry about in this game, unlike others. The game is very playable, even with someone with low HP. My 16th level Warlock only has 72 HP and he's doing just fine.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote