Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2002, 08:08 AM   #1
judee
Dungeon Master

Is there any way to change the text size in the ini file? I have the game playing at the same res as my computer setting - 1024x768 - on a 19" screen. Looks great!

But the text is too tiny for my eyes! I can read it, but just barely, and not without straining some. I wear progressive lenses, and am pretty dern nearsited, so eye comfort is important to me.

The character pics are also quite small, only come down about halfway on the side of the screen.

I've tried playing in 800x600, and the text looks better, and portraits slightly larger, but the screen is then actually smaller than my monitor with black around the edges, and the playable area onscreen is quite reduced.

I noticed in the ini file there is a line that says "Font name = " and a blank space after. Can I simply try naming different fonts in there? Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best font for larger type? Or is there a way to control size itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've barely started the game, but after just two conversations my eyes are getting tired.

Thanks in advance!
judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 08:21 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

I used to have the tools (but not the talent [img]smile.gif[/img] ) to fix this. The fonts are stored in an animation within the game with one frame = one character, so youd need to extract it and alter them, then hope&pray that the game will recognise the larger pics.

A lot of work, and it might not work at the end of it.

However, if you run on 800*600 you should be able to use the screen controls to adjust the image to fill the screen. Unless your running an LCD/TFT/other expensive screen type that I cant afford of course.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:06 AM   #3
judee
Dungeon Master

Thank you, andrewas.

By changing screen size, are you talking about the controls on my monitor? If I adjust those while in-game, will it mess up my out of game screens, or change the area on other game screens, or will it only adjust for that one game?

I'm not very savvy with the tech stuff!

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 09:16 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Yeah, the controls on your monitor. They only effect the way the monitor displays the image, they have nothing to do with the software. Anything that displays at 800*600 will be affected, but thats probably the way you want it anyway.