Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

I like to kill Quayle by having Aerie cast Fireball on him, then I like to watch her turn on me and start fighting when in actuality is was her fireball that hurt Quayle...

I like having Mazzy attack her sister while she's poisoned, then I quickly have any spellcasters I have kill the rest of the family before they leave. Also, it's fun to attack them while Mazzy has her bow equipped, though then she couldn't kill her sister.

After Jaella gets sick, and Jan leaves the party, I summon a cow right over her bed. As Jan's pathetic ex shoots some normal bullets from her sling at me, I have a spellcaster turn her to stone right in front of a horrified Jan, and I have Minsc hit her with his mace!

It's fun to have Anomen beat his drunken dad to death with Borok's Fist +2, as well as attacking the Order of the Radiant Heart with both knigthed Anomen AND Keldorn!

The penalty for cheating on Keldorn, is to summon a demon to kill Maria's children! No better yet...daddy must punish them by beheading...

As for Cernd, it's so fun to use his baby for target practice with Bows and Arrows...one day I'd like to have him punish Fennecia for calling him a deserter...

By the way, it's fun to watch the bugs scatter in Trademeet when I have a spellcaster cast Gate in the middle of town while the party is protected from evil.

Imagine the fun I have when I drop everyone from my party just to cheat as many kids as I can into my party, and have them attack Firkragg the Dragon while they're hasted.

Having Jaheira cast Insect Plague on the Harpers before getting the bird is just as fun too.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:11 PM   #2
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Also, I must thank SixOSpade for the inspiration of finding a use for Cernd's Baby...
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 02-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Apparently you have not seen Six's I'm still a naughty boy thread

But there is only one true NPC I despise, Anomen. I'd toss the Girdle of Gender and the Helm of Opposite Alignment on him, turn him to stone and Imprison him to spend enough time until Doom's Day to think twice for calling Jaheira a wench
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #4
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Apparently you have not seen Six's I'm still a naughty boy thread

But there is only one true NPC I despise, Anomen. I'd toss the Girdle of Gender and the Helm of Opposite Alignment on him, turn him to stone and Imprison him to spend enough time until Doom's Day to think twice for calling Jaheira a wench
Well here I'm not RPing an evil character, just doing stuff in the game when I get too bored.

I like all of the NPCs, and even though Anomen did insult Jaheira by calling her a wench, I expected it and if there were a way to intervene in the game using words I would have.

I knew he and Jaheira wouldn't get along, differing viewpoints. Jaheira believes in balance, Anomen doesn't. Jaheira's world is broad, Anomen's more focused. All because of the clubs they're in.

Does Anomen ever say anything to Viconia though? I know Mazzy has some very harsh words with Viconia (Aren't Halflings supposed to be the peacemakers in a party?), which ended up having me booting her because I was romancing Viconia and didn't want any "Leave the party" fights to occur.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #5
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

During my last quest, poor Edwin read his Nether Scroll and... well, you know what happened. Anyway, he was so distraught at the "change" that he started reading some of the other scrolls he was carrying in hopes of reversing the curse. Unfortunately, he had collected a "Cursed Scroll of Weakness", a "Cursed Scroll of Foolishness", and a "Cursed Scroll of Stupidity". Well, at least now he was too dumb to read anymore scrolls. And just to be safe I made sure to erase his spellbook so he wouldn't hurt anyone else in the party.

Silly Aerie didn't have Remove Curse memorized so we kept venturing on (no time to stop and rest right now, poor fella, maybe after we finish a few more quests in the Underdark). Well, when we found a strange ring he "foolishly" placed it on his hand and oops, somewhat clumsy now (well, maybe we can find a temple down here somewhere). Then we came across a strange pair of bracers in Drow city which he greedily slapped on to his arms and lo-and-behold the great spellcaster was now wearing bracers of binding.

At this point the group decided that he was unfortunately too much of a liability, so we left him in the Egg Chamber, drooling sloppily on his nice new dress. He'd probably just hurt himself more if he made it back to the surface anyways. So much for the great Red Wizard of They...
Old 02-06-2004, 12:46 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Got a bit of a gripe against Edwin, Neomi?

If you're going to take the "Extreme Predjudice against a Single NPC" route, don't forget that the Ring of Folly is down there, too. And slap the Rod of Terror on him, too.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:57 AM   #7
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

Doh- I knew I missed something. Now where was that Ring of Folly... The Rod of Terror would have been nice, too. Poor Edwin could have had all 3's for his stats. It would have been more poetic, in a way, to leave him somewhere in the maze at Spellhold but I couldn't figure out a way to get the bracers that soon without CLUA.

Do I have a gripe? Probably so. I admit that he's one of the top two non-PC spellcasters in the game and as such I'll usually take him along in an evil party, but even then his arrogance gets on my nerves. I don't think that many Bhaalspawn would take too well to being called a "simian", even if they too are evil.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #8
Odruith
The Magister

I really don't mind Edwin myself.

I am however less partial to Imoen. Gah. And Minsc also. There's also so many deranged hamster-related comments I can take. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think a good way to get rid of an NPC would be to go to the SPOILERS

Planar prison and then go into one of those connected rooms [img]tongue.gif[/img] And then drop them and say... hey, wait here, I'll be back for you later. And then leave them in an Astral prison for the rest of their days... I bet Imoen would love the change in atmosphere from that of spellhold... and Minsc and Boo could have lots of fun, while Boo returned to a plane where miniature giant space hamsters eat rangers... Bwaha.
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:01 PM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Imoen would find a way to escape. She *always* does. Hell, she escaped both Chateau Irenicus AND Spellhold and left all the doors locked and the traps unsprung.
Or maybe SHE is the one who has set all the traps, having a grudge because you keep saving her, then kicking her out.

DISCLAIMER: Illumina knows that in the beginning of the game, IMOEN saves YOU, not the other way around.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #10
Odruith
The Magister

Aye. Imoen is tricky that way.

Another reason I dislike her.

Apart from that, I think another good way to kill off an NPC you don't like, say for example... Daleson.... in Nalia's quest, use lead your main char out to one of the rooms infested with trolls, lead them back to him, quaff an invisibility potion, and watch carnage ensue as he is ripped to shreds...

If you've downloaded the turnip golem mod thats available, I believe it adds one to the Jansen home. Just send Jan to the front line and let a turnip golem, made of what Jan loves most, brutally slaughter him....

If there were actually any *birds* that could kill you in the game, it would be rather ironic for Haer'Dalis to be killed by some sort of giant raven... or sparrow.
Odruith is offline   Reply With Quote