Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 01:05 PM   #21
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm...not much I can add to the already excellent posts up here, but I'd say one of Ironworks' strong points is that it's very much like an online family. Yes, we may disagree from time to time, or have little quirks that get on each other's nerves, but let anyone from outside start picking on one of our members and BAM! They don't stay around for long!

I felt that sense of solidarity last night during that killer storm. When I got back online, I was overwhelmed with the amount of concern and support that had poured out. At the time, I was so terrified, I hardly knew what I was posting, just that it was important that I get a message out to someone.

Yes, we do care about and support each other while we're online. Maybe we learn and grow as well...that makes it doubly positive.

And, IMO, it doesn't matter a jot whether you're an "ancient" or a "newbie." It's what you've contributed to Ironworks during your tenure that makes one stand out, as far as I'm concerned. Others may disagree with me here, but that's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it.

Cheers,

Old 06-15-2001, 01:07 PM   #22
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
First, a moment of your time.

I know I am still a newbie on these boards. For that reason, many of you may not give much weight to my opinions or ideas. That's fine. I know I can be a jerk, and hard to handle. So, I'd like to extend a formal apology to any who I have offended in any way, shape, or form.
RudeDawg! What are you carrying on about now? You're one of the best people here! You most certainly are NOT a jerk, and what do you mean, "hard to handle"??? ROFL! Cut the "cr*p" and just continue to be yourself, who we know and love.

Your friend,

Old 06-15-2001, 01:09 PM   #23
BladeMaster

I first found this Great Board last year in feburary when I asked a friend at work if there was a good place to find some cheats for BG1 as I already beat the game 5 times and wanted a different challenge and he said to goto Ironworks. My first post was in september of last year under a different name.

------------------
By Clanggedin. What does a Dwarf have to do to get a drink around here. Say hi to my lover Tess.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-15-2001, 03:23 PM   #24
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Thanks LS, you're a sweetie

I love the Ironworks because I have been visiting here for a long time and I have never seen a single other gaming forum that has the same friendly and close-knit atmosphere that we have. It is exceptional in the way new people are so warmly welcomed, and the veterans are a group of friends that will be there for eachother every time. It is also the only place on the net where I have laughed so hard that it hurt for thousands of times, and the creativity of the members is so great! We have a bunch of incredible moderators, lead by Ziroc who is just incomparable, and they impress me time and time again for the mature way in which they handle problems.
And yes, the fact that I am ill is also a reason why the Ironworks is such a great place to be; when I am in too much pain or too exhausted to go out and do something like see a friend, I know that I'll find friends here. The support given to people who are in a difficult spot in their lives is immense and I admire all of you for being so generous!

*phew* glad to have *that* off my chest Love you all!!

Sweet Melusinchen, I am extremely glad to see more of you here these days than in the time before I had to take my forced board hiatus ! Hope to get to talk more to you soon and that everything is fine with you. Übrigens, fühlst Du Dich schon wieder gut genug, um ein wenig auf deutsch zu parlieren ? Schließlich brauchen wir einen Köder, um Sir_Tainly wieder zum waghalsigen Gebrauch elektronischer Übersetzungsprogramme zu verleiten.

Well, that is exactly the very reason I like this forum, there are simply a couple of people here I have grown extremely fond of over the last months. Some of them understand and even fake convincingly to appreciate my twisted sense of humour, something that rarely happens, but if it does, I am won over in no time. Yes, I know, a fairly narcissistic concept of making friends. I am generally a slow person when it comes to growing comfortably with people and making friends and will mostly only do it one by one as well as one on one, but once I have passed that threshold and decided to like someone, my affection is usually intense and enduring.

For that reason, I am now, after returning from a month-long break away from the board, having a little problem getting into my comfort zone again, as there are lots of new members and as some members, that were rather newbies at the time I had left, have developed into regulars in the meantime - to anybody but me that is ! Well, time should take care of that "problem". So, I am hoping to get to know as many of you as possible more closely soon !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-15-2001, 03:29 PM   #25
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hello Ramon!! So good to see you, you have been missed!!
Selbstverständlich fühle ich mich wohl genug, um mit dir Deutsch zu reden; daß macht mir ja so viel Spaß, daß ich mich dadurch sogar besser fühle
Wie geht's dir denn? Ich hoffe, daß alles OK ist, und ich verspreche dich daß ich dir bald ein email schick

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-15-2001, 03:53 PM   #26
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey, folks, just chiming in. It's been 72 hours since my last post ... and I'm ... a spamaholic...

Anyways, I realized that I've been apart of this community for 6 months now. Six months! A lot of people have been here long, many more have come after me, and the one thing that almost everyone has giving is Respect, and almost no one tolerates it when it is not given. Many of you don't agree with me on many topics, but that has never stopped you from greeting me with respect before politely telling me I'm wrong. I've seen many strong relationships grow over the last couple of months. I've seen people's posting numbers explode **cough** I've seen people shy away from posting, just because they were afraid of stepping on toes and didn't want people to get hurt. Most posts are well thought out, and checked to make sure it won't affend, and on those occasions when things are said out of anger or from an unique perspective, they are accepted, and the board moves on.

I seen support asked for and given without a thought, and at levels that make me sad that I don't do for my family what they are doing for people they have never met. We all have faults, no one is perfect. It's the fact that they are all accepted, that everyone has a place. That is what makes this special.

I am sad. I am not able to post as much, due to job change and work load shift. This is not a good-bye, just a reason (for those who care) of why I'm not here as much. You all have become a regular part of my life, and I don't like getting to spend time with you. This is my Ether-home, and I haven't gotten to spend much time here. AND when ToB comes out, I will have even LESS time to post. Soon, my friends, soon.

Anyways, I came here by luck of the search engine. I was looking for hints on BGII, accidently clicked on the forum page, then lurked for a week until Moiraine had here accident and about twenty people within the five minutes posted asking if she was ok, if her son was ok, and said they knew something was up, she doesn't usually miss three days in a row, etc. That is why I joined. It was in the Lad's wish Moiraine Well thread that I first posted, and 3000 posts later (including old board stuff) here we are. Thanks for all the fun, and I can't wait for the next adventure to start here.

The Black Knight

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
Old 06-15-2001, 04:17 PM   #27
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
And I met you here Rude Dawg! (And no - we are not having a torrid cyber affair!)

Oh, and this is very, very important I DON'T FEEL OLD HERE

We're not ?!?!?!

I feel so used....

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 04:35 PM   #28
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
We're not ?!?!?!

I feel so used....

I can feel for you RudeDawg, I really can. But isn't that exactly the way they are always treating us ? First, they makes us believe that we really matter to them, then they play with us and once they have lost interest, they drop us like nutting .... Now I feel like crying myself ...

------------------
So long !

Old 06-15-2001, 04:47 PM   #29
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Hello Ramon!! So good to see you, you have been missed!!
Selbstverständlich fühle ich mich wohl genug, um mit dir Deutsch zu reden; daß macht mir ja so viel Spaß, daß ich mich dadurch sogar besser fühle
Wie geht's dir denn? Ich hoffe, daß alles OK ist, und ich verspreche dich daß ich dir bald ein email schick

Danke, es geht mir gut ! Nur meine Jobsuche verläuft alles andere als gut. Kannst Du Dich noch erinneren, als ich bis zur vier Jobs zur Auswahl hatte ? Am Ende hat aber davon nichts so richtig geklappt. Na ja, höchstwahrscheinlich werde ich jetzt doch ab Anfang Juli regelmäßig als Lehrer für Deutsch als Fremdsprache arbeiten, einige Einzelstunden habe ich ja schon gegeben.

Eine Mail von Melusinchen ? Ich werde den ganzen Tag vor dem Computer vor Freude auf- und niederhüpfen, wenn die ankommt.

Warst Du eigentlich schon 'mal in Ostdeutschland ?

Pass' auf Dich auf !

------------------
So long !

Old 06-15-2001, 04:51 PM   #30
Charean
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
I can feel for you RudeDawg, I really can. But isn't that exactly the way they are always treating us ? First, they makes us believe that we really matter to them, then they play with us and once they have lost interest, they drop us like nutting .... Now I feel like crying myself ...

Now, Ramon, it IS a woman's prerogative to change her mind on a frequent basis just to keep men off balance... so they don't take us for granted ya know!

And yes, at least *I* am not the one feeling used!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads