Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 04:30 PM   #41
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
WOW!! That's wonderful news!
I hope he'll grow up happily! (Maybe Cloudy, Epona, Ladyzekke, Moiraine, Fljotsdale, Bilqis, Draconia, Lady Avalon, Lady Nightshade, Reeka, Moni and me could be the twelve good Fairies who grant him a wish each (sorry for the ladies who weren't included )....and Caleb can be the evil thirteenth one )
BTW I love the name Andrew Nathaniel!!!

He would be honored to have twelve good faries granting him wishes. However, it my be a while before he can articulate those wishes. Although when he does, I have a feeling he may ask for a new drill press for his father, a HumVee for his father, a new 5 weight Sage fly rod for his father, and 9 other items that we will have to iron out the details on. J/K

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-08-2001, 04:34 PM   #42
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Congrats, and remember, you life, as you know it, has change. A lot.

BK
Old 06-08-2001, 04:35 PM   #43
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I both congratulate you on your wonderful news and I also pity you now for your lost hours of sleep and changing diapers (have you thought about boarding school, they can never start too young )

no sleep here

We were considering Boarding or Perochial School asap and then Military Academy as soon as they will take him. I wonder if Perochial Schools take infants?

Actually, I imagine we will enjoy many waking hours with him (and lament a few as well). However, this remains to be seen.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-08-2001, 04:39 PM   #44
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Ertai_OHF:
BTW onthepequod... Have you already signed him in as a forum member ??

Not yet. But I am considering doing so under the Username of rowingthedingy. Cloudy, get your mind out of the gutter. On second thought, maybe I had better come up with a different Username if I do sign him up.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-08-2001, 04:42 PM   #45
Charean
Hathor

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

Glad everyone is well and happy... and I hope your baby sleeps through the night and eats well!

Lyrics from a Queensryche song - Beside You...

*** Take your children down to the water wash their heads and sing .. holy holy

Last night I dreamed you were standing there, strong and tall beside me.
All my life ... behind me.

You gently took me by my hand and led me to where I couldn’t see,but where I’ve always been ... an island.

In my dreams I’ve been an island ...

where I’m all alone, and I’ve built these walls stone by stone.
I want to leave but I don’t know where to go.

I’ve tried the best I can, but it’s hard to be a man and feel the way you feel.
I’m different on the inside. I’ve tried to give to you what you need to get you through.

I’ll always be ... beside you.

The day you were born I held you ... small and helpless crying, your life and mine entwining.

As I looked into your eyes I saw myself in an overview, reaching out to you from this island in the sea. I don’t want to be an island.

I’ve tried the best I can, but it’s hard to be a man and feel the way you feel.
I’m different on the inside.

I’ve tried to give to you what you need to get you through.

I’ll always be ... beside you.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-08-2001, 05:02 PM   #46
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
CONGRATULATIONS Onthepequod and to your new family as well!

Your wife is quite the heroine.. delivering such a large boy. Did she end up with a c-section? (Women like the gory details you know, so do tell.)

I'm glad all is well. When are you going to post his picture?

It was an exceedingly rough day(s) for my wife. Labor (I'm defining this by contractions being 5 min. or less apart) lasted appoximately 33 hours (approximately the last 16 were spent on an epidural). The actual pushing lasted 3 hours (the effects of the epidural lasted the entire 3 hours ). After 3 hours the doctor declared the baby could not be delivered that way and they prepared her for a C-Section. The pain block was completely effective for certain parts of her body and at lesast partially ineffective for other parts. She felt some of the surgery.

It's a terrible feeling to watch someone you love, cry and yell in pain as she is being operated on. At least there were no complications. As soon as our son was clear they pumped her full of fast acting medication which was fully effective. She is fine now, with the exception of normal C-Section issues. She is such a trooper.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-08-2001, 05:03 PM   #47
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
weewee!!!!! joy!!!! its time for another devil to step over this damned place!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!(COUGH) ahh... err... well... teehee, nice one mr! you made it a boy! is mommy glad? hell yeah! but methinks you guys would also want a... girl?

You're right, we would like a little girl now.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-08-2001, 05:04 PM   #48
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Congratulation mate!

I've got a new daughter in my house as well, so I can empathize...

The good news is that with the baby being that big, he shouldn't have long to go before he can eat enough to get himself through the night. Once babies are 14lbs. or so (so the "experts" say) they should be able to eat enough to sleep through the night. Works for some, not for others.

Boy do I hope it works for us!

BTW, congratulations on your new daughter!

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-08-2001, 05:27 PM   #49
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

Congratulations!

"Onthepequod has tossed a new ladykiller into the fray. Watch out, ladies. Ladykillers++"

------------------
DawnChaser aka Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

Old 06-08-2001, 05:59 PM   #50
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
She is fine now, with the exception of normal C-Section issues. She is such a trooper.

Wow .. amazing!! Poor dear new mom... pamper her ok onthepequod? She deserves it. One thing we Americans are bad about is taking care of our new moms. In Yemen the new moms would be pampered by the whole family for 40 days. Probably not practical, but after what she's been through, she deserves it PLUS a medal!

Congrats again! And now for the picture??

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.