Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 09:57 AM   #171
Sir Exxon
Zartan

OOC: All speech in this post will be in elven. I could've translated each and every word, but that would've taken too long. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Kethotar (82/82)

Kethotar smiled as the shadowy creature he had seen before introduced himself. His face was completely concealed, and his clothes didn't exactly make the man less mysterious. It was not before he introduced himself Kethotar realized it was an elf. "My heart sings of delight to see that there are more of my kin here. It is not an everyday sight down here in the darkness, and I have been without company for too long. My name is Kethotar." The ranger smiled again, doing his best to search the barely shown eyes behind the elf's mask. "Tell me, why are you so concealed? Surely it cannot be of protection, now that you're amongst friends? Well, I atleast hope you consider us as friends. I wouldn't want one so shadowy like you sneaking around in the shadows here, without good intensions." Kethotar wryly grinned, letting the elf take his time to reply him.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:29 AM   #172
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ruby hp-45 psps-148 wyrd hp-60

reading carefully the note left she felt a great relief at morguerats voluntary departure. her dreams, the ones she remembers, of him were horrifying and she wish desperately not to encounter him again.

nodding to syrathic she hands the note back to him. "i have no desire to share this witht he group, feel free to let all know. i thank you for the chance to read it."

wyrd hugs close to his companions side. acting like a love sick house cat wrapping his lenghty body around her legs. his care to keep her upright evident, and his unspoken comfort clear for all to read.
Old 09-15-2003, 12:00 PM   #173
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saithele 39/51

Looking quickly at Kethotar his amber eyes flashed briefly (an observant um... observer would note a hint of pain at his reaction), before he answered quickly in elven and in a jovial tone, My name is a secret I must bear, You may call me Saithele, it is as good a name as any, I do not know what ears may listen and I fear to give away too much too soon. It has been long since I have laid eyes upon my kin, and I do rejoice at the sight. His tone took a darker note as he continued, I do not count any friends until they have been tested, and found true, my trust was betrayed some time ago and it caused... great hardship, the mask I wear for both my own protection, and for those I meet.

I feel I can trust you enough to tell you that my intention is to be in this pit for as short a term as possible, the very air we breathe is a foul poison that darkens the soul, just as it was on the surface when the Modding one held sway, but there is something darker at work here, something even more sinister, and I yearn to flee this realm as soon as my task is done. Do you know anything of the others? Is there a healer, my wounds still sting, and the icy pains of that shadow hound permeate my very soul. I forget my manners, please, I would hear our tongue from a voice that doesn't belong to me.
He smiles warmly, although the slightest hint of pain is still visible in his amber eyes. As he does so the mask slips imperceptibly revealing what could be the claw of some beast tattooed on his face. What the creature the claw is attached to is, is unknown, but it is plain that the tattoo is much larger than the small amount of claw you see on Saithele's left cheek.

OOC: the tattoo when revealed will be an indicator to any elves what bladesinger guild he is/was a member of, for now it's a mystery to eat at you
Old 09-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #174
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

OOC: sorry about the delay folks I know we are waiting on me.

Dantes quickly tells the gnome all he found out about the runestone. The riddle within a riddle of the entrapped stone and of his lengthly magical research. He realized sopme of the magical terminology and such was lost on the gnome, but he wanted to be as specific as possible, especially if this gnome could potentially help them out. After relating all he knew of the stone and of the state of the dragon's lair where they found it, Dantes eagerly awaited some words from the gnome. While he was telling his story, Dantes felt something shift almost inperceivably in the world around him. The feeling brought a chill to to the marrow of his bones. He looked at the gnome when this happened and he could tell he felt it too, though he didn't mention it. While relaying the rest of his story he couldn't help but wonder what that was and what it could mean.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #175
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon 70/70

The man sat there and listened to all the conversations taking place. Most were in Elvish, and he had not gained a full understanding of this language yet. There were some new faces that had luckily showed up to help the gnomes out, but how far would they go? Would they see this out to the end? Did any of them have any information as to who or what or where Euyrale was, or maybe something on the activity of those giants afore-mentioned. Anarrima noticed that he was intently listening to the Elvish speech but with little comprehension, and so decided to interpret in a low voice to him. Dantes had still not arrived, so Brendon held off from making any motions for departure. He needed everybody there before a course was to be set.

The good news was that these newcomers did not appear to be just any bunch of guys off the street. Indeed, they had the every appearance of being battle-hardy and wise to the world. This caused Brendon to relax a bit. Maybe they would be able to see the sun again one day.

Brendon glanced over to the pile of corpses burning where all the dead lay, smoldering. A wind tunnel in the roof of the cavern carried the smoke away and out to unknown locations. Maybe his eyes were deceiving him, but he swore he saw one of the tiny figures in the distance move. He stared. It did it again. Brendon stood up and walked in the direction of the pile, leaving Anarrima wondering, as she looked in the same direction. Her elven eyes were better than the human's and she could clearly see that it was a Grimlock, bound up in bandages from wounds he'd received...feeding on the corpses of the pile. "Brendon, the Grimlock is alive and trying to feed from the others without being noticed!". Brendon grabbed for his bow, and aimed an arrow. But just then Anarrima interjected.

"Wait! Who bound up it's wounds like that? Surely one of our own! Let us see if communication is possible. Maybe it has something of importance to say!" With this, Brendon lowered the bow. Looking back at Ruby, he asked..."Do you discern any danger from the beast, and can you hold it until we have caught it and brought it hither?"

OOC>>>

This is the Grimlock that had been left out in the cavern a few hours ago, where I believe Kethotar had bound it's wounds as it lay dying. Kethotar should recognize his own work, and Ruby should be able to do as Brendon requested, if she wants to.

Ruby: See PM

Edited for time alteration

[ 09-21-2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 09-15-2003, 03:57 PM   #176
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ruby hp-45 psp-148 wyrd hp-60

fidgeting and feeling the focus of so much attention ruby knows she can help, if she is willing. she looks at her companions and feels a great weight on her shoulders. something heavier than even that of the welfare of an adult lion.

a look of concentration comes across her face. so hard to think with so much pressure! "i-i think i can help." the mortification of speaking outloud to so many is apparent in her blush.

OOC: contact is made at a -8, dominate i rolled a 5, which i'm sure makes it but i don;t have the book to look at atm. i can control him, but nothing against his alignment. i will update her psp's next post.

IC: the grimlock pulls a peice of what appears to be another grimlocks limb, and pulls the meat fromt he bone. he walks towards the group slowly, without menace, completely surprised he is doing this.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:02 PM   #177
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Kethotar (82/82)

As Saithele finished talking, Kethotar smiled at the elf's last sentence. "It is always pleasant to hear other people speaking our tongue," he said with a little smile. "And you speak like a noble Elf, making it even more beautiful. I have lived in the deep forests almost my entire life myself, and my long-time solitude has made me unable to speak with such great fluence and with wordings like yours." He smiled again, before his expression grew more serious. "You're still wounded, you say? I thought everybody had been healed after the battle. Maybe you ought to let me take a look at those wounds. I am skilled in that sort of things. We can talk about our current situation afterwards."
Old 09-15-2003, 04:36 PM   #178
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saithele 39/51

I would appreciate that, my skills and knowledge are not geared towards the medicinal paths of life, and magecraft is hardly known for curatives. He slowly unwrapped the bandages around his arm, and leg, looking to ensure they weren't getting worse.
Old 09-15-2003, 07:53 PM   #179
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon 70/70

Brendon watched as Ruby lured the Grimlock into the presence of teh party members that were gathered. To him, this was the break that they were needing.

Walking back to the party, beside the Grimlock, Brendon spoke in a loud voice for all to hear..."Ruby has been able to attract this Grimlock over to our meeting, and I have a great idea on how we can find Euryale. Now...it is a matter of ethics and morals that I cannot ask Ruby to totally dominate the beast, and enslave it to our will, for that would be against Ruby's alignment. However, Ruby, if you could only make a suggestion to the Grimlock that we are now it's masters, and will not do it harm as long as it abides with us and not run away, then that will be all that I ask, unless of course you perceive that it is lying to us and trying to trick us, then please inform us of that as well. Now...where is that gnome, Dankarona? Danka?"

OOC>>>

I will be playing the part of Gnób, the Grimlock.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:06 AM   #180
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Dantes

Tyresias

Despite the quiet solemnity of his bearing, there is an excitement about the seer as Dantes speaks. As the mage concludes his account of the finding and investigation of the stone the blind gnome says quietly, “It is almost too much for which to hope.” Fixing his sightless eyes upon the face of the mage, he speaks with a curious mixture of hope and gravity in his voice. “It is but the slimmest of possibilities, and yet so much is consistent with the tales I have heard ....... Forgive me, my friend, I forget that my words must seem little more than riddles to you ...... Allow me to explain ......”

Reaching into the folds of his garment, Tyresias withdraws a small elliptical stone with a runic mark upon it. “In the distant days after the Blue Boards had lost their vigor and faded into the past and while these Brown Forums were still young, a ruthless and aggressive band of Giants invaded these lightless warrens – so much I have told you already. There lived here at that time, however, another seer, one whose sight reached much farther and with greater clarity than my own. Even as Terrakis and his fellows disappeared after their aggressive assault upon all who dwell below the surface, his sight perceived a greater assault and a much more violent aggression to come. None would believe him, however, so thankful were they that the nightmare of the giants had grown quiet and so convinced were they that none could survive the terrors of the shaded pits of the deepest tunnels, especially after the advent of the One called Larry whose Modding Power bent all of shadow to his whim. The seer found a hearing, however, in the ears of a surfacer, a man skilled in the use of runic magic. Long they labored, the mage and the seer, until the caster of runes produced a wardstone of great power as protection against the day the giants would return. With the passing of generations, the stone was lost and soon forgotten. Terrakis has proven to be no myth, and perhaps the stone is no legend either ......” His voice breaks off as a shudder passes swiftly and quietly through the stone of the caverns. When he resumes speaking his voice is hushed and apprehensive, “There is something deeply wrong – a wrongness that touches the very depths of the forums and I fear there is little that can be done ...... Please, however, safeguard the stone and study it further for I suspect it may yet hold secrets.”

Reaching upward he takes the mage’s hand and places the small runestone within it. “This stone has been in the possession of our seers for as long as the giants have been thought nothing more than legends. Perhaps .... perhaps, it might be of use.”
Closed Thread