Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 01:46 AM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

For a worthy few to participate in the latest Lord Of the Forum(LOF) thread! We are getting attacked by a rather large party of grimlocks and we need a few stout folk who may just happen to be where we are that can help us out for this RP, please read the notes for the RP and apply to Larry_OHF, and he will school you in the requirements. The whole of Ironworks is at stake here. Apply at your own risk! Only the bravest will survive. . . Maybe. . .

[ 08-19-2003, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 08-14-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

In behalf of the current players of the LOF, I want to stress my gratitude to those that have eagerly PM'ed me concerning joining our party that has become down-sized by the reality of life. In attempt to answer some of your inquiries or "resumes", I encounted the problem of your PM message boxes being too full to accept more mail, so I have to answer you all here instead.
It has been very pleasurable to read the Bio's that you have created on some marvelous and amazing characters. However, we are not looking for heroic-style characters that have such fascinating backgrounds, and would rather have more classic D&D style personages in our team.

Let me explain a bit more about the Lord of the Forums. I believe it was Legolas that started it all, or maybe it was me when I entered Keldorn's Order with a concealed weapon and was caught. Wars and much death came about in those ancient threads. Legions were created, power became the goal, and a most unlikely hero emerged from nowhere, with an unsettling past of his own. It was to the destruction of the Mad Modding Mage that he underestimated this rival that appeared as a nothing. He was not arayed in any sort of manner that one would feel fear from him. Yet, his mind was brilliant. His control over things was examplary. He knew that it did not require but a game of simple outthinking to win the match against the might and unstoppable power of the Mage. With all that might and strength, his weakness was the vanity of his perfection. He overlooked the simplest of flaws that the Windbringer found.
Ladies and gentlemen, that is how you win a war.

Now, remnants of a once formible force have been waylaid in the deep darkness of the Underdark. The end of the story from the viewpoints of the "TWO" Game Masters are settled, yet the pathway to bring about this ending is still in the hands of the individual players of the game. One wrong turn, and the erroring individual will be killed, and may have to be ressurrected "if possible", or will be reborn into the game as another person. It is a game and story that Cyril has taken most seriously, and has worked on with me for many, many months to create, and we are proud of what we have achieved, and also what the players have done. (The fact that there are still people alive is damn amazing.)

If any of you wish to be part of an extremely tough story, and are not afraid of dying...please feel free to ask permission to join. Your character has to be approved first, by both game masters.
Yes, Cyril is still here. Like the wind, he is unseen but ever present. Do not underestimate this wind, for it's power can destroy.
I will leave you all to ponder.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:12 AM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Sure, I'll join, not to much action around here anyways. What are the requirements for entering, is this 3rd ed, 2nd ed, any ed at all? What lvl, I need details. Just one minor note, I am busy working on Waterdale, Conquering New Lands (sort of an MMORPG), toying around with a sci-fi 3rd ed campaign, and DMing an actuall campaign with my D&D group so my visits might not be so frequent.

Just trying to get Waterdale as popular as it was when it first came out. How ironic it is that it succeeded greatly when I was a poor mayor, and had poor organization but when i am on top of everything, create rules and go more in depth, it had only 3 posts when I came back from school. *sigh*
Old 08-16-2003, 06:33 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

If it's the future of IW at stake I'm ready to join in as well, though I won't take credit for starting this one. The fight against the Modding Mage (which did somewhat turn into the fight against Neb and oh, yes, that shady looking character in the back as well) might have been my work in part (and yes, you're the one who really started it by violating the rules on weapons in the compound [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), but I believe it was Sir Byronas of Keldron's Order who continued the adventure and started the actual LoF. The other bit was more of a prelude, in much the same style as later the Strategic Battle of the Sexes and the Good Smiting thread would be continued.
For those who missed that part of forum history, the style most closely resembled an American Football team made up of tax-collectors; A nasty surprise in each one of them, a lot of excellent counters but a lack of decent receivers.

Let me know which character details you want to have and I'll be glad to provide them.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:10 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If both of you would be so kind, I would like to hear how you might be able to write yourselves into the current situation, and what character you could be. It would be great to have you, and I am sure you understand the consequences in joining. Namely, if I don't succeed in killing you with Grimlocks and Euryale...then Cyril surely will kill you with Terrakis. If you succeed in passing all of THAT, then you get to die at the hands of an even bigger threat. So...what's it gonna be? My monsters are hungry?
Old 08-16-2003, 09:22 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

I will join, but like I said I need info. How to join, character stats, everything.
Old 08-16-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Secret Master and Legolas and anyone else who may be interested,

Perhaps this will be helpful for you:

The game is running on an AD&D basis which is somehat flexible. For newer players, we've asked that their characters be in the level 10-14 range. A couple characters from the orignal thread are higher, but everyone else fits within that range. We are not looking for evil characters, nor are plane-touched or Drow characters good fits with the game.

I have been using a 1st edition AD&D basis for the game mainly because I find it to be the most flexible and adaptable of the different systems. However, I am conversant with the rules for 2nd and 3rd edition as well and have encouraged players to create characters in the ruleset within which they feel most comfortable as we can readily negotiate any necessary adjustments from that point.

As far as magic items go -- figure on 1-4 simple magic items of your choosing. Provided they are not overly powerful, most suggestions will be granted. As Larry noted, this is a difficult game in which the players are quite literally struggling against very long odds. It is also a very fun game to be involved in as it has produced some of the best roleplaying these boards have seen.

Personally, I am looking forward to gaming with you.

[ 08-16-2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 08-17-2003, 08:42 AM   #8
Legolas
Jack Burton

So what you are looking for are level 10 characters who are not heroic or cursed with a complex history but have nevertheless somehow gained such skill at arms or magic as they posess. Then they must have a reason of being in the underforum, under the forum, the underdark or whatever you like to call it.
Are you asking for only a background and any items of note right now, or do you need other information as well, such as stats or a comprehensive inventory?

Are we to post such things here, or send a PM to one or both of you? Also, since I haven't decided on anything yet, which classes would best complement the abilities of the current characters involved? Adding a fourth ranger to a group, for example, would not add much in terms of creative RP potential.

And Cyril; me too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 10:34 AM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You can send Cyril the PM since I think of him as the senior DM and who as the most skill between us, and also understands the rules better than I. I do not think he would mind if you post here, and that is fine with me. Currently, I am only DM'ing the current battle since it is massive and I really like the main boss that I have been put in charge of. Cyril basically has all other leadership in the game unless he delegates something more to me. Take a look at our characters that are being played and you'll see that there is nothing very special about any of us. I am sure you will easily find a character to suit. I have alot of trust in you, Legolas...you've been aorund a long time with me, and I know how you game. Just let it fly!
Old 08-18-2003, 01:27 PM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I am very pleased to see the interest in joining. the only request I have, and its more of a plea than a request, is for a tank. We need a brawler, everyone in our party currently is really more effective far away from enemies. We need some help doing the dirty work.