Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
jimc
Welcomed New User

Decided to take a look at the tombstones in the graveyard. Found four of them with some type of glyphs, just wondering if this is one of the red herrings. Also while walking around the front gate found a place that has sounds like walking on stone. Like to know if anyone else found these. There seems to be no ryhme nor reason. The stone sound is in the grassy part just before the gate on the right hand side. The tombstones with glyphs are, one for each quadrant, a bluish color and when the cursor approaches the glyph a hand appears like it can be grabbed. After touching glyph the hand disappears and will not return. Anyway, would like some feed back. jlc
jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 05:52 PM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Those glyphs are part of a way in to a hidden "retro" dungeon. The steps to get in are on a couple of sites with walkthroughs if you're interested, I don't know if anyone would figure out how to access them without reading them [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2002, 08:32 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

also, if you don't have the nessasary tools ( don't want to spoil you ) don't go touch any of the tombstone yet.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
otter
Elminster

That stone you're walking on is a bit of old road, you can see parts of it to, it appears here and there in that corner of A-TR.
I actually solved the one in the NW map myself on my first game, i just happened to have the item--i went straight North when i hit AR, intentionally contrary to Burz' advice. I even went up and talked to Bela on that trip. The group was imported with lots o'goodies and i fought slimes in LM 'til i made L10. Those Metallic ones are great for building Combat skills! The first rune i found was one of the outer ones, so i spent forever looking for what i thought must have been dozens of marked ones!
I didn't even notice the altar part of that one until i had all the runes lit, didn't even associate it with the runes, nor did i know they were connected until 3 games later, when i started reading hints and forums. Yes, i had incredible luck, and i wasn't able to get in the others, i never had the right item, and i didn't want to drag one of everything out there to try.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 08:10 AM   #5
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimli:
Those glyphs are part of a way in to a hidden "retro" dungeon. The steps to get in are on a couple of sites with walkthroughs if you're interested, I don't know if anyone would figure out how to access them without reading them [img]smile.gif[/img]
** Spoiler Warning **

JimC, if you're looking for instructions on how to activate access to these dungeons (there's three in total), visit http://wiz8.web1000.com/RetroMaps.html which will display maps to the dungeons, and if you click on one, it will take you to a page with step-by-step instructions on what to do for that dungeon.

Of course, if you want to experience the "solving" on your own first, just bookmark the link and look at it when you're ready.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote