Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

If you tell Keldorn to go and be with his family during his personal quest in SoA, can you call him when you have that option to summon NPCs in ToB?

I've got a really powerful 3 person party in SoA right now, and I'm conisdering adding a low level Keldorn to this party to add some fun right now. But I'm also considering the idea of releasing him when I meet him and his family, and then adding him in ToB later.

[ 05-20-2006, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Klorox ]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #2
thetruth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes,you can recall any NPC in the game except from Yoshimo (even those dead).
thetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Neat-O. Thanks!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

But as a note, Keldorn will become the same level as you after you "call" him. He won't be of a lower level.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Are you sure of this? Can Jaheira be summoned too if she leaves "forever"? I'm fairly sure NPCs who died in SoA can't be summoned. Not sure about those who left.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

you should only be able to call the npc's you met, for example, if you never met her dalis, you should not be able to call him, because you have never heard of him.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by timothy trotter:
you should only be able to call the npc's you met, for example, if you never met her dalis, you should not be able to call him, because you have never heard of him.
however, you can still call on the NPC's even if you didn't meet them. But you are likely to have met most of the NPC's even if they didn't join your party.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #8
thetruth
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
Are you sure of this? Can Jaheira be summoned too if she leaves "forever"? I'm fairly sure NPCs who died in SoA can't be summoned. Not sure about those who left.
Yes you are probably right for the dead NPCs,I don't remember well.
As for Jaheira and everyone else who leaves forever, you can still summon them in ToB.
thetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Personally, I'd prefer it if you could only call those party members who you'd met, or at least had heard of. And weren't dead.

And what's up with this "strands of Fate that touch yours" crap? I mean, I let Valygar into my party for the five minutes it took to open the Planar Sphere, and so he's bound to me throughout the fulfillment of my destiny, but I can't call Coran, who spent three months tromping up & down the Sword Coast with me, and is currently just hanging out in some Tethyrian tavern? Pffft.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

That "strands of fate that touch yours" stuff sounded just like Planescape: Torment. There it at least made sense. But now you're just a son of a dead god. There are quite a few others. If everyone has a trail of souls following them, how many people are actually free? If all former friends of every living Bhaalspawn were summoned, how many would be left behind? And to how many are you bound? Stupid plot.