Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #1
Tanith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I find that after any major battle (or any battle really, I'm a bit *haste happy*) my entire party gets fatigued. This is really irritating, as in some places (ie. underdark) there's a big battle every 2 steps of the journey. I can't keep taking the time out to rest.
My qu is...is it the 'haste' that is doing this? Is there any way (spell etc) to avoid or combat fatigue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tanith.
Old 10-03-2004, 11:12 PM   #2
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

Don't cast haste on your party and they won't be tired until a few hours of adventuring. Being tired doesn't really affect them much, so if you can stand the constant moaning of the entire group, I say keep casting haste and only rest when you've run out of spells!
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:36 PM   #3
Auto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I believe improved haste does not have the fatigued effect when it wears off [img]smile.gif[/img]
Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 12:06 AM   #4
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS AUTO!!!!
And yes, haste does cause fatigue afterwards, and yes, improved haste does not. But as long as you are able to rest safely after the battle, then go ahead and rest. Otherwise, if you are awoken, your party may awaken with some seriously bad stat deficits.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:41 AM   #5
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorsh:
Don't cast haste on your party and they won't be tired until a few hours of adventuring. Being tired doesn't really affect them much, so if you can stand the constant moaning of the entire group, I say keep casting haste and only rest when you've run out of spells!
Fatigue actually has a dramatic negative effect on everything that requires a roll to succeed, most notably your THAC0 rolls. It's like a reverted Luck effect. Getting fatigued multiple times (using Haste 3+ times per day or not resting for a very long time) will make it very hard for you to hit anything that your character would normally have at least some chance of missing.

Of course, with subzero THAC0 vs monsters with average AC, you wont notice the effects of Fatigue until you stack 4-5 of them.

[ 10-04-2004, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 10-04-2004, 04:25 AM   #6
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Fatigue actually has a dramatic negative effect on everything that requires a roll to succeed, most notably your THAC0 rolls . . .
does anybody know if the pentalties show up in the character screen or are they hidden in the game engine somewhere?
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:24 AM   #7
Auto
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thankyou Brainless One [img]smile.gif[/img]
Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:50 PM   #8
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

From all i know, the penalties are hidden...
Old 10-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #9
Riftmaker
Elminster

I think the penatlies are hidden, but they may show up on the character screen, which typically reflects status changes.

For some reason, my party never gets fatigued after using haste. I don't know why, may have to do with some fix thingie I installed.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #10
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

Wow thanks for clearing the fatigue thing up for me. I'm sorry I was giving out misinformation, but I use haste all the time and never have noticed anything bad from fatigue. Must be my good ac and my constant use on magic spells.

Sorry again.
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote