Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 01:25 AM   #1
marrowmeld
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know i've had a lot of questions and things lately, but a lot of wierd things have also been happening lately, so this is the result, and any who say i may be crazy, or just plain annoying, well look at minsc! crazy as monkeys on crack, but probably one of the coolest characters to ever exist, so bah to the critics, BAH!!! yes, feel the "bah!"

Anyways, now to the spoiler part
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I had a romance with Aerie going just because Viconia was too damn pushy and i had gotten rid of Jahiera and never took Nalia. I just did the final battle with Bodhi and you know how she takes your Romance person away? Well, Aerie went away and then i got to the final battle, killed the evil vampire whore and then sadly killed Aerie, the to-be-vampire-whore. So then i went and did the thing to bring her back and all, and my stuff was gone...i had the Crom Fayer(sp?) and lotsa other cool stuff on her. Every thing was gone...bah! Is this supposed to happen? or did i just not look around thouroughly? If it's a glitch thingy and i need Baldurdash, then can someone plz tell me where to get it? i think i missed the link to it in the other thing i posted, assuming someone said where to get it. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Did you check the place where vampiric Aerie died? The gear should be lying on the ground.

Or it may be given to you the very moment Bodhi turns Aerie into a vamp (like it is done when Cowleds take Imoen). Check other chars' inventory.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:57 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It should be on the ground at the entrance to the Graveyard District--when a Romance character becomes vampirised, they immediately drop all their gear.

If that was more than 24 hours ago, it may have vanished into thin air by now.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades
Oh no. And he clearly stated that he doesn't want you here. But nooo. you have to show up... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-07-2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Vedran ]
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 07:19 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

:slaps Vedran with a trout: [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img]

He wasn't referring to ME, he meant SOS ( --- ... --- ), or Shadows over Soubar, or the Staff of Striking, or perhaps Sarah O'Shea, or....
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:22 PM   #6
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I would guess that the SoS in the topic refers to the Staff of Striking, since Marrowmeld's last post was about losing items in the Underdark, which he thought was due to the SoS.

In this case SoS(that's SixOfSpades this time), is right, the gear would have been dropped into a pile when the character was taken from you. You aren't the first person to have this problem either. Since Bhodi appears immediately when you arrive at the Graveyard, it is fairly common for the equipment pile to be unseen because it's at the edge of the screen and surrounded by other party members (especially for those who keep their love interest at the back of the party--but who keeps their clerics at the back?).

The problem is compounded because of the travel needed to get your love interest returned to you will guarantee that too much time has elapsed by the time you realize the equipment is missing. I think this was one instance where the items should have been transferred to the leader's inventory, and the excess dropped because at least that way, you get the inventory full: item dropped message. Even having the encounter with Bhodi happen further into the map would have been better, since the item pile would have been easier to spot away from the collonaded entryway.

All in all, I hope that you don't have to redo the whole quest to recover your items. If they are gone, and you shudder to think of having to repeat so much of the game, ask us for a quick tutorial on using the CLUAConsole to recreate your lost items. If you give me the list of items you need, I can also give you all the code numbers for them.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
Borg
The Magister

You can also use ShadowKeeper to add the items back to your inventory. It's very user friendly. http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/index.html
Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 10:24 PM   #8
marrowmeld
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey, i actually found it, but my internet wasn't working so i couldn't post and say "nevermind this, i found it" but now i have. It was just lying near the exit. The reason i didn't see it before was because i had that cloak that relfects electricity on one of my dudes and it was covering it, but i found the stuff later nonetheless. And i'm proud to say that i killed that bum Irenicus!!!! (yay me!) I thought he would actually be hard...he only manages to kill one of my members, and it was just because my death ward thingy had worn off and he used finger of death. Anyways, yea, that's about it. Ciao.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:34 PM   #9
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Glad to hear you found your stuff! And congrats on beating Irenicus!
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote