Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 10:05 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Oops...sorry, I posted a HofW topic in the IWD discussion room. My topic was that I have found the new cheatcode for HofW. Instead of CHEATERSDOPROSPER, you type in its place GETMYCHEATON
The other parts of the commands are the same, including the ()'s and the ;
The complete list of codes can be found and printed from in the Icewind Dale Cheats and Hacks section, I believe, at the beginning of the Ironworks Forum homepage...maybe by selecting that little button at the top of the screen that says Ironworks website...

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:44 AM   #2
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(ooc)
Greetings fellow RPGlets,
Anyone have any views on the easiness to cheat factor in games these days? I know that QA and Development need shortcuts to test key gaming fundamentals, but I find myself curious about how easy it is to cheat these days. I guess the choice is mine to make, but does anyone have views on how it affects the gaming community? Do you feel that it makes people want more, bigger, better than concentrating upon the gaming experience itself? My minds not made up on this, I never use cheats as I try to pit myself against the game, but that's not to say I look down on anyone who does. Comments? For those who do use cheats, do you find your enjoyment of the game goes down as things become easier?

Kill 'em all!

(p.s. Hey Larry )

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 12:46 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Asphyxiate!! Glad to see you have returned...let me be the first to give my review of the cheat system. Have you ever went to a shop, seen three magical items that you know you just have to get, but can only buy one of the three? I have sat in frustration for more than 15min. just trying to make my mind up! With the cheat codes, I can give myself enough money to get all three items, and then the fun begins as I use them. It is no fun to me to have bought one thing and left another. I want the best stuff, as soon as possible.
That is my view...As far as any other cheats...I rarely use them unless I am desperate and have tried and failed to get through an area...or like if my thief runs out of arrows in the middle of an attack, I like to bless her with a kiss from the heavens...(she certainly earns them)...

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Old 03-05-2001, 01:24 PM   #4
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

(ooc)
Fair point Larry, I guess that's what I was alluding to with the Power-Spiral of Equipment. If our groups get every single magic item, then does the game in and of itself no longer pose us with adequate challenge to the old noggin? I'm sure monster encounter difficulty is a function of your level, but perhaps not of the equipment that you carry.

More curious than anything else if you still have as much fun and feel challenged in the game still if everyone's equipped with the +ohmygod weapons. I'm surprised that we can get up to lvl 30 in this add-on as well. Asphyxiate will truly be able to live up to his illusions of grandeur! Watch out villages..

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

And remember that the expansion for BGII will take us to 40h level!!!

------------------

Larry of the Holy Flame
Old 03-05-2001, 04:04 PM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

This is part of the never ending quest for power......

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 04:34 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

cheatersdoprosper?

it is kinda frustrating to not be able to buy all the cool stuff at a store, but that's why they make it so expensive. The first time i played IWD i cheated in extra gold and unlimited heals/arrows. it was still fun cuz i was attached to my 3 characters. but since, i've played strictly non-cheating style. it's still just as much fun.
There are a few tricks for getting extra cash; like saving all the high quality weapons, long and short bows, two-handed and bastard swords that you find. it can be cumbersome to carry all that stuff, so make sure to choose a chest on each dungeon level so you can throw everything in there and come back for it later. If you save up so you have 16 of one item, you can go sell it for phat cash. but it's important to give all 16 to one character cuz once you sell the item type, it decreases in value the next time you want to sell it.
I think HoW is trying to make it less necessary to cheat by giving cooler items and spells that modify character stats. Plus, the Heart of Fury mode is impossible for a 1st level character starting in Easthaven; so i assume this mode is for importing characters for a 2nd run thru the game, or crazy-phat cheaters.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote