Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 10:26 PM   #1
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

I'm just interested in who around here is a bit of a clubbin geezer/chick. Personally I am one helluva clubbin geezer .
Hehe I thought of writing this cos I just got back from a wicked club (yeah it's gone 3 am and I should be buggering off to bed). Ha, we were damn lucky, we bumped into some PR birds giving out flyers......half price entry into the biggest club and 2 free drinks hehehe. And it was full of gorgeous women tonight! Ok so I might be sounding a bit drunk, but of course I'm stone cold sober

Well anyway, the question remains, who is well into their clubbing and what sort of club music do you like? Dance, chilled-out trance, hard house, garage, cheese (yeuch!), hip-hop, R&B?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-09-2001, 11:37 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I wish I was out clubbing or patying or whatever, but oh well... life's a bitch [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2001, 12:19 AM   #3
Magi

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
I'm just interested in who around here is a bit of a clubbin geezer/chick. Personally I am one helluva clubbin geezer .
Hehe I thought of writing this cos I just got back from a wicked club (yeah it's gone 3 am and I should be buggering off to bed). Ha, we were damn lucky, we bumped into some PR birds giving out flyers......half price entry into the biggest club and 2 free drinks hehehe. And it was full of gorgeous women tonight! Ok so I might be sounding a bit drunk, but of course I'm stone cold sober

Well anyway, the question remains, who is well into their clubbing and what sort of club music do you like? Dance, chilled-out trance, hard house, garage, cheese (yeuch!), hip-hop, R&B?

Not much of a clubber here, but can't help but ask you when to a great club with free drinks and hot women, you ended up at home!?

Old 11-10-2001, 01:19 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Clubbing poor little party animals - that sounds a bit vicious - perhaps I better notify Greenpeace of these goings on "D.
Old 11-10-2001, 01:42 AM   #5
Pangur Ban

quote:

I'm not much of a clubber -- errr um, in fact I'm not a clubber at at all ( tho' I wish I was -- I'm cool for dance, garage, and industrial )

What in Meeclar's holy name is "cheese" music?

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]

Old 11-10-2001, 03:26 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I love clubbing. I met my girlfriend Taryn at a nightclub. Sydney has a huge club scene. I don't do it as often as I used to - five or six years ago I used to go clubbing Friday, Saturday AND Sunday night. Friday was to unwind after the week, that was more of a funk/soft house night for me. Saturday was to go hard - trance, handbag, glam, uplifting house, and the occasional cheese. We'd go till about 9-10 am Sunday, crash out for a few hours, and then get together for Sunday recovery. Surprisingly, I wasn't that trashed on Monday - Tuesday was the killer (Tragic Tuesday we called it). These days, at age 28, I'll go clubbing once every month or so - I just can't be bothered anymore, it was getting too routine and boring, plus the scene is becoming too DF'd at the moment - lots of DPs and DWs who need their enjoyment of the music facilitated each night. It's still fun for me to go, but I don't feel like I have to go each weekend like I used to. Watch Human Traffic and you will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Enjoy it while you can - you do get sick of it (well, almost).

I'm going to Gatecrasher here in Sydney in December.

Gatecrasher - The Summer Sound System 2001

when: Saturday 1 December, 1pm-9am
who: De La Soul (live), Doc Martin, Endorphin (live), Green Velvet (live), Hybrid (live), Infusion (live), Way Out West (live), Lucien Foort, James Lavelle, Lisa Lashes, LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad, Luke Slater, Masters At Work (5-hour DJ set), Matt Hardwick, Meat Katie, Recycled Loops (Umek & Valentino), Roni Size & MC Dynamite, Sander Kleinenberg, Scott Bond, SJ & Baby Doc (live), Tall Paul & more to be announced, with locals Ajax, Alex Taylor, Ben Korbel, Biz E, Goodwill, Jumping Jack, Kate Monroe, Kid Kenobi, Leah, Steve Mallinder, Mark Dynamix, Nick Toth, Nik Fish, Nubreed (live), Pee Wee, Simon Caldwell, WET Musik (Will E Tell & Simon Digby) & many more.
what: 20,000 people will meet at Gatecrasher the Summer Sound System at Sydney Showgrounds to dance through the day & into the night in 6 different arenas, to 50 of the world’s greatest DJs & live acts. To raise the temperature then watch the sun go down. To meet new friends & hear new sounds & see new things. To feel different & alive. Then to chill & smile. (18+ only)
worth: $99 + bf. Tickets on sale now!
where: Sydney Showgrounds at Olympic Park

Old 11-10-2001, 03:28 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

hard core techno and old Djs' trance mix

**lisntening to it now as I am posting**
Old 11-10-2001, 03:29 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Hehe I thought of writing this cos I just got back from a wicked club (yeah it's gone 3 am and I should be buggering off to bed).

3 am?!? Vaskez, sacrilege!! We used to not leave to go clubbing till at least 2 am on Sunday morning. That's what time they started cranking. Nothing like having a badge and walking in in front of a 30-minute line (30 mins if you were lucky, never if you weren't). Ah, those were the days - Don't regret them, glad they were over. They were a huge drain on the bank balance.

These days 3 am is reasonably late for me, I must admit.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 11-10-2001, 03:34 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:

What in Meeclar's holy name is "cheese" music?

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]

Commercial girlie/glam. Music to look good dancing to. Music to make you get up on the podium. Think Gina G, Deuce, most of the Wild FM tracks. Some call it all style no substance, I prefer to think of it as visual rather than aural.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 11-10-2001, 04:32 AM   #10
Grojlach
Zartan

For some obvious reasons (glandular fever), I haven't been out for several months... God I miss it.