Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #11
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I don't do that because my parents notice. I still remember one day playing Diablo 2 multiplayer with my brother. We were having a lot of fun and were somewhere in Act 2 when my dad came in and said: "It's four o'clock in the morning! Go to bed!" Oops... time sure flies when you're having fun!

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 09-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #12
Absynthe

So far my record is something over 24 hours on Wiz 7... and then went to work. Had to explain my sketchy condition to my boss, but he just looked at me funny, I guess he's not a gamer.

Old 09-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #13
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well lets see... on many occasions, ive played Brood War from about 9 at night until the sun was high in the sky... same goes for Half-Life. and with Bg2 i stayed up for about 32 hours trying to beat the last 4 chapters in one night... and i was able to do it! then a few nights ago i stayed up til 2 when i had to get up at 7 trying to beat Aec'letec in bg1. ive stayed up through the whole night playing games numerous times, and i dont think i can list every occasion ive done it. especially during the summer... unless i had a camp to go to in a few days, or was at camp, i was up all night gaming. that goes for like the last 3 years.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #14
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ahem! I have to plead guilty, m'lud!

I have been known to play till dawn.....

------------------

Old 09-06-2001, 04:53 PM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Erhmm, staying up long? Play to ,uch?? hehe, I have been there, going to be there many times yet LOL.
First time I played Doom was on my friends brand new 486. We played 40 hours in a row.. Than collapsed. We could see nice prints of our asses in his couch for days after that!

Also Diablo took 30 hours straight of play when I got that one..

Can anyone say summer and pirates.. can anyone say raining and an old C-64... Oups..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-06-2001, 06:44 PM   #16
Conan

24 hours has been the most at one time...with a nap in there. How the heck are all your bodys tolerating this abuse? Have fun everyone!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Conan (edited 09-06-2001).]

Old 09-06-2001, 06:50 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Ah yes - the all night gaming session. Had a few of those (OK, slightly more than a few if the truth be told).
The original Civilisation was the first game to do that to me. In fact every version of Civ has resulted in several missed nights of sleep.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-06-2001, 06:56 PM   #18
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Ah yes - the all night gaming session. Had a few of those (OK, slightly more than a few if the truth be told).
The original Civilisation was the first game to do that to me. In fact every version of Civ has resulted in several missed nights of sleep.

You tell it, Epona! I knew that I had some 24-hour-sessions, but I couldn´t remember the game. Now I know, it was Civilisation, still one of the best games ever.

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-06-2001, 06:59 PM   #19
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Ah the campaigns Ive had!

I rember once staying up till 4 am playing Ultima Online in a dungeon called Wrong. Blasted trolls are addicting

Then there is the classic battle on Bnet, particclary StarCraft, I rember once staying till around 3 am playing that with my brother. I was far too sleep build up units to attack so I built tons and tons of Photon Cannons and just defended till he gave up. Worked

Who can forget the ever going story of BG,BG2, and TOB? How many hours of my real life did I waste playing those games.

Now lets see how addicting the guild wars for NWN will be....

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

The ranger looked @ the place out side of the elven town near the river, he looked near the rocks, then they showed the way ....

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Currently in service for the Red Wizards
Old 09-06-2001, 09:36 PM   #20
G'kar

Me!!! It all started way back with "Final Fantasy" on the Nintendo. I forget if I've ever slept since.