Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 05:36 AM   #11
lethoso
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:

but that doesnt really matter a great deal; by the time your level 15 your nearly invincible.
I'm level 15 or so, and i get my arse kicked on a regular basis, by fairly easy guys....
Old 05-30-2002, 06:13 AM   #12
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

you make a superweapon yet?
a superweapon combined with the high hitpoints and skill with weaponry at 15th make you very tough

even with a mediocre weapon most things will fall before you do

when i was 15th i made a weapon with 30-30 fire damage every hit, everything fell too fast to do very much damage to me

i suppose if your using hand to hand as a weapon or arent using an enchanted or daedric weapon then at 15th it would be tough still; but if you do have a daedric weapon or a reguler weapon enchanted youll kick butt; once you get into the endgame of enchanted deadric weapons not even vivic can stand before you for long.

with an enchantd daedric axe im doing 67-67 fire dmg in addition to 1-80 melee dmg.

every item has a enchant limit to it, the faster the weapon generally the less enchantment you can place on it (most common weapons based on speed attribute have a value of 4 for enchantment max). Daedric axes have around 15? or so i think; anyhow, the more enchantments you can place on an item the higher damage a spell you can place onto it.

To make an enchanted weapon, just get a normal weapon and go to an enchanter, you must know the spell you wish to enchant the weapon with so first buy a fire or shock etc spell from one of the mages. then you create the spell using a min max duration and area modifiers.
also you need soul gems, you get these by killing certain creatures like bonelords or by stealing them, and you can find them in a bunch of dungeans, then you use a soul trap scroll or spell on a creature (must do it in very close proximity); kill the creature before the time limit is up and you get its soul. the more powerful the creature the more mana the soul gem will provide. a grand soul gem with a sleeper in it will have 400 mana for instance.

Find Exquisite amulets and rings, these hold the highest enchantment values barring hard to get daedric armors.

One of the most useful items you will want to make is an item with effect of constant levitate (you only get the option to make items with constant effects with grand soul gems of 400+ mana; change the soul gem to a common one after you switch the effect to constant)

Another useful item is one with constant effect of invisibility (no you wont be invincible in battle) but you will be able to avoid those millions of cliff racers

To get the cash for the creation of these items you will have had to raid a few shrines and sell those daedric weapons to the scamp in caldera across from the trader in the 2nd floor of the orc house; he carries 5k cash and buys/sells at actual value; you may want to create a mod where he carries 200k cash so you dont have to sell/buy back things from him for a large number of days to get rid of the 40k items etc. hell also buy soul gems incase you want to sell some of those 80k gems.

a good investment would be to make a weapon with effect of soul steal on strike so you dont have to keep buying those scrolls.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:39 AM   #13
vesselle
Hathor

YOWZA!!!

my game is SO different from yours. my assassin has NO magick at all, and hates mages, etc. so i know nothing of enchanting or anything along those lines. she has found a few things with magickal enchantments, but they have only reinforced her belief that magicka is the gods' ways of making fun of us poor mortals. [img]smile.gif[/img]

maybe next run-thru.

V***V

[img]graemlins/chaos.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2002, 06:55 AM   #14
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

there is also a weapon towards the end of the main quest before facing vivec that is also a game breaker for unfairness but i wont spoil that one.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 08:33 AM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Also, doing quest for statues can also bring you excellent items.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:05 PM   #16
Gary Larson
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In my adventures, I have found a couple short blade weapons enchanted with paralyzation. I feel pretty much invincible with these weapons. I attack with a short blade until my opponent is paralyzed then switch to my ebony spear to finish them off. The paralyzation gives me 10 seconds of free stabbing with the spear, I rarely have to pull out the short blade again. The only time I feel challenged is when I fight something that has Reflection active. It usually means a re-load when I get myself paralyzed for 10 seconds.

Regarding the original post's topic.... I bought a levitate spell once that had a cost of 121. If the cap is 100 on intelligence by what means do you reach 121?

[ 05-30-2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Gary Larson ]
Gary Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 02:26 PM   #17
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
I bought a levitate spell once that had a cost of 121. If the cap is 100 on intelligence by what means do you reach 121
easy, just get an item that have fortify intelligence 21 points and also it must have constant effect.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 04:01 PM   #18
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

it also depends on race an birthsign. I am really looking formward to friday, then i can purchase a legal copy *jump*

[ 05-30-2002, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: lord_gabriel ]
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote