Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 07:39 PM   #1
Christine_R
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anyone know where grundel is for the assination quest? I have been running around the stout mines for 4 hours, and while I'm gaining a lot of points for killing everything, I can't find Grundel. It's driving me crazy. Thanks for any info.
Christine_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:43 PM   #2
slug
Manshoon

me thinks you have already seen the burnt remains of grundel. did you find the writ, next to a corpse perhaps. tarry yet, there is one who you are seeking in the mines. it is this stout fellow and not grundle who is the key to a quest. if you're not so sure, try asking the rat again. he'll clear things up.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:46 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You're looking for Raskalion, not Grundel. Grundel is the dead dude in the cul-de-sac where you found the writ.

Before you get too far, though...did you just agree to the "favor" from Scanthril, or did you ask him about a "job"? He has to give you the "Job" to kill Raskalion, or you'll never get credit for it.

That being said, Raskalion is way, way back in the mines; he's the hardest one to find. You have to switch both tracks around so that the east mine car goes down the track other than the one to the Burning Caverns.

Check out Xignal's site for detailed maps: http://www.volberding.com/Whints/Mas...ames_Stout.htm

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:47 PM   #4
Christine_R
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it Raskalion that I need to see for the quest? I was there and talked to him already. Do I need to kill him, or what. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2001, 07:54 PM   #5
slug
Manshoon

like saz says, you kill him only after the rat asks you to.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 08:31 PM   #6
Christine_R
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I did agree to do the favor, and I killed raskalion. I then talked to the rat and he said to go north to the hideout and ask for him. Well, I went up there and the only thing there was the boogre prision and I'm not ready to do that yet. Should I just kill the little rat and get on with my life?
Old 03-16-2001, 08:40 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Yep, unfortunately, you didn't get the quest from him. A lot of people think that when he asks for the favor, he's giving you the quest. You have to specifically ask about a "job" and that's when he says "So you want in on the real action, huh?" That's what triggers the Assassin quest.

If you have a savegame before you killed Raskalion, reload and then go back and talk to Scanthril. Ask about the "Job". Then go back and kill Raskalion. Having "Create Portal" and "Teleport" will help greatly here.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 09:10 PM   #8
Moni

Also, once you kill Raskilion, you may need to prompt him for "Payment".

: )
Moni
Old 03-16-2001, 09:13 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

If you can't complete the assassin's quest - email me. I can "fix" things!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:49 PM   #10
Christine_R
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everybody for the info. I had a saved game before I killed Raskalion and I went back and asked for a job. That fixed everything. I now have an assissin.