Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2000, 11:37 PM   #1
Trited

Someone please tell me that my game is not functioning properly. I'm in Dorn's Deep, I've cleared out everything up to that large door that I guess goes to the Hall of Heroes, but there are tombs in the hall I'm in now. There is even a statue of Jamoth in front of one I assumed to be his tomb. It must not be, because there is nothing unusual about it and undead sure are able to enter it. But, that ghost said that the tomb is behind a locked door and I need a key. Well, I have the damn key and can't open that door. I thought that maybe I picked up the key in the prior area where I killed the Liche the first time and that door was the one that the ghost was talking about. It would make sense except that I can't find his "soul container" in there. I have previous post about the game not recognizing items in my inventory and I still haven't been able to give the badge to that red wizard/umber hulk guy. So, someone tell me what the hell my problem is.
Old 08-13-2000, 11:46 PM   #2
Trited

Sorry about that. As soon as I posted this, I went around the tombs again and found a stash that I missed. But, I'm still stumped by that Krilag's Badge thing.
Old 08-14-2000, 12:58 AM   #3
sibley

Glad to hear you solved one problem.

About badges: Keep them. You'll eventually get six of them. Much of the rest of the game is devoted to collecting them. You don't give them to anyone. In fact, I finished the game with all of them still in my inventory. You need all six to open a door near the end of the game.

The wizard who was transformed into an umber hulk should acknowledge that you got the badge then vanish. I forget if there's an additional exp bonus for reporting back to him. You do get an exp bonus when you first pick up the badge, at least. Even if he isn't acting properly, your game is not seriously impaired. All you need from this is the badge, and you have it.