Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 03:27 PM   #81
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
heya, harley! I'm betting your kitty is on amoxycillin (aka the icky pink stuff if it's liquid or just amoxy). Anyway, Nacht is right, I have a method of pilling the cats that was born out of sheer frustration some years ago when my best friend's Tabby needed daily meds, several times a day for a heart problem.

Friends of mine recommended that I get empty capsules (gelatin capsule with nothing in it) and put the pills/parts of pills in them. Giving the cat the capsule with all 3 or more of his meds in it at once was a breeze! I couldn't believe how much LESS stressful the whole thing got! He didn't like it, but he didn't rip anyone's arm off when given meds, either! If the capsule is big, use some butter on it- it'll slip right down!

I think they were lily brand and I ordered them direct from a pharmacy. Larger capsules have smaller numbers, so 0 would be huge, while 2 is pretty small. They can show you at a pharmacy if you ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the advice, Cloudy. Yup, it's amoxy, but she's taking the pills instead of the liquid because my sweet baby learned how to make spit bubbles, so she would just spit bubble out all the liquid and stain my carpet in the process. I've gotten good at giving her the pills since this is the second time she's had to have them (she has a broken tail and a bad pregnancy which makes her prone to bladder infections). She still tries to spit bubble, but it doesn't keep the pill from going down. If you didn't know better, if you looked at her right after having her pill, you'd think she was rabid, lol.
She gets real angry too, until I pull out the food that is : "Dammit, you gave me a pill, I hate yo.. OOOOhhh, food, I love you mommy, your the best. prrrrrrr"
hehe. and I'm not kidding either, the turn around is that quick once the food comes out.

Good thing she's cute, because after how she acted up last week when I took her to the vet I was so frustrated. I even called my mother to apologize for anytime I was ever sick as a kid, lol. If you wanna see my grandbaby when she was 3 days old here she is. She's a year and a half now, but I love showing her off,

[ 03-24-2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: harleyquinn ]
Old 03-24-2003, 04:40 PM   #82
wellard
Dracolisk

G'day cafe

WOW [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] harley, timber and well'ard the three vegiteers [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] Are there any more of you out there? Hey Timber in the previous cafe you mentioned fish bladder or something in beer, I've also heared this month that they use fish (scales?) in some cheaper beers to filter the beer. If anyone out there can enlighten me please do so.

Hope this story turns out to be fishy or just a plain red herring otherwise I've got some serious ethical problems on the way. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

*sings protest song* "Give up beer, hell NO!"

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 03-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #83
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
Hope this story turns out to be fishy or just a plain red herring otherwise I've got some serious ethical problems on the way. [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Holy, mackeral, you're giving me a haddock. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I don't know about the scales. I do know that if you buy organic beer you avoid these problems altogether.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #84
SomeGuy
Unicorn

[img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] AGH!!!!! Computer class sucks! Half the mice don't have mouse balls. The teacher is weird.(Like one of those ones who is likely to go nuts on you.Like a guy who would just cut themselves and not care.) And I CAN'T GET ON IW!!!!! AGH!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-24-2003, 05:57 PM   #85
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Wellard, I'm a vegetarian. Chicken and beef are vegetables aren't they?

Timber, I think the best advice about the wolf thread came from Frank Zappa "Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow". Between the war forum and lawyer jokes I was wondering if you are building up a callus on your forehead from pounding it on your desk. Kind of like a martial artist expert, right?
Old 03-24-2003, 06:08 PM   #86
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
[img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] AGH!!!!! Computer class sucks! Half the mice don't have mouse balls. The teacher is weird.(Like one of those ones who is likely to go nuts on you.Like a guy who would just cut themselves and not care.) And I CAN'T GET ON IW!!!!! AGH!!! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Answer to the problem is .... skip class. Hey you get enough computer practice on IW
Old 03-24-2003, 06:46 PM   #87
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

(Speakerphone) Attalus, paging Dr. Attalus. Please report to the books forum for post-op review. That is all.

Oh, and check out Antryg's "can you believe this bill" thread while you're at it - advice you can offer is I'm sure better than mine.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:49 PM   #88
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, g'dnight pa, g'dnight ma, and g'dnight John Boy. I'm through trolling for today.

*whistles tune* Trollin', trollin', trollin', keep them doggies trollin'...
Old 03-24-2003, 06:50 PM   #89
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

All right, Timber, will do. Hope everyone is well on this fine evening.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:07 PM   #90
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Wellard, I'm a vegetarian. Chicken and beef are vegetables aren't they?
And I'm Alfred Packer [img]graemlins/eating.gif[/img] why don't you come over for something to eat [img]graemlins/happyteeth.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]