Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 08:05 PM   #1
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Just seen on the news that fairbnks Alaska was hit with a 7.9 earthquake. Seems like a large one. I hope not to many people were hurt. The news has not said to much. Could have been in a area that does not have to many people. We could only hope. Is there any one from IW in that area??
Old 11-04-2002, 04:16 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

It seems to be happening all over
We seem to have had more earthquakes here in Britain in the last 2 months than we've had in the past 10 years. Fortunately not big ones, but the one that hit the south east scared the living shit out of me.
Absolute tragedy in Italy.
Hope no-one was hurt in this latest one, I haven't heard much about it.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:27 AM   #3
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Question Mark

I just can't help but post this considering EVERYthing that's going on in the world today which has only been becoming more heated and frequent over the past 50 years or so...

"And ye shall hears of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. ..."

Matthew 24:6-7

The storm before the calm...
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:28 AM   #4
MagiK

7.9 is a really big earthquake. I think they said the largest ever recorded on the continent.

DM I think that particular quote has been one of the most used quotes in the Bible [img]smile.gif[/img] I think it might be a bit of an overstatement to be using it now. I think over all, the human race is in pretty good shape right now. Just in case, you should always live your life as if you were meeting your creator tomorrow.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:23 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

I agree with DragonMage. There have been countless prophecies and predictions that natural disasters will, together with war, famine and pestilence, mark the end of the world. Think about how earth-shattering some of the natural disasters have been recently. Earthquakes all over the world, floods ravaging large parts of Europe, enormous forest fires in Australia and Russia... couple this with the fact that wars are breaking out all over the world, and the general outlook is very bleak indeed. I wonder where it'll all end; whether it will all come to some gargantuan climax or if we will see the world slowly but surely destory itself. My generation is in for an interesting time, that's for sure.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:29 PM   #6
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I agree with DragonMage. There have been countless prophecies and predictions that natural disasters will, together with war, famine and pestilence, mark the end of the world. Think about how earth-shattering some of the natural disasters have been recently. Earthquakes all over the world, floods ravaging large parts of Europe, enormous forest fires in Australia and Russia... couple this with the fact that wars are breaking out all over the world, and the general outlook is very bleak indeed. I wonder where it'll all end; whether it will all come to some gargantuan climax or if we will see the world slowly but surely destory itself. My generation is in for an interesting time, that's for sure.
I don't know why, but I just seem to have to point out that they said exactly the same thing during the Civil War, and World War I and World War II and from what I remember of my history classes they have had many many many people proclaiming the time of the apocolypse was at hand. There were the Millerites in the early 1800's who were sure that the second coming was to be in June of 1840, as far as I know none of them were taken up in the rapture.

My message still stands, live your life as if each day were to be your last, and don't sweat wether tomorrow is doomsday. Worry about your life today.

[ 11-04-2002, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 11-04-2002, 12:30 PM   #7
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I wonder how many generations, how many times, how many people have felt the "right now" there are events foretold in scriptures recurring. Like all predictions and horoscopes, you can read yourself and the current state of the world into them if you wish. I humbly submit to you, however, that at least twice this century, during the great wars, people were more inclined to do so than you are now.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:32 PM   #8
MagiK

While we are talking about scripture, lets thank God that the 7.9 hit a remote and mostly unpopulated area. Only one injury that I have heard about so far.

Old 11-04-2002, 12:47 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ahh, I kind of hope this "end of the world" BS is true, this "Human Race" experiment obviously didn't works and should have been cancelled long time ago...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 12:48 PM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Ahh, I kind of hope this "end of the world" BS is true, this "Human Race" experiment obviously didn't works and should have been cancelled long time ago...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Speak for yer self, I like living! [img]smile.gif[/img]