Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2002, 02:18 PM   #1
badet
Dungeon Master

My buddies and I are planning to play through bg1+exp,bg2+exp and nwn in a row, with one character each. I've never had any difficulties choosing a character to play, but now i'll have to consider so much more then just one game.

I have some questions, I have never played multiclass, if i choose a mage/cleric, can i use all the mage and cleric spells, can i be a cleric level 20 and a mage level 20 in the same time? Can they use robes, and can they use armour? Is the elven chainmail an exeption?

I'm only know that i want to be a elven or halv elf character. I love the forest, and forest type of quests, so the druid appeals me. I have never played the druid, and is he a good choice? Do not include the roleplay experience in this evalutaion. Im also interested in playing a elven warrior, but i fear that he'll be doing all the hack n slash and no cool stuff.
I also love spells and style, with style im refering to nice armour, glowing swords (I only like swords as a weapon, i do not like flails n such)
Whats the advantage of exporting your bg1 char to bg2? And your bg2 char to nwn?

Oh no! im late 4 work! Gotta hurry! Ill write more questions later tonight..
peace!
Old 09-28-2002, 02:27 PM   #2
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

You can export bg2 chars to NwN?!? i think this is the wrong forum but still,
im not too sure where it would go....maybe all three ,bg1,2,and nwn....
Old 09-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Unfortunately, you can't import BG2 chars into NWN. Difference between 2nd edition and 3rd edition rules.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:01 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

You cant export characters to NWN. Back when BG2 was being made it was planned that you would be able to, but in order to keep some kind of balance and use the 3rd ed rules, you have to redefine every aspect of your character apart form the name and portrait, so importing would be kind of pointless.

Mage/clerics:

You can get all mage and cleric spells

Mage spells are diabled while wearing armour, cleric spells are not

Elven Chain allows mage and cleric spells to be case, as do mage robes.

Ive never played druids, but there supposed to be cool. Just remember they have a slightly different selection of spells than clerics.

@felix : All three forums? Are you mad, thats against TOS. This should be in the SoA forum, since thats the most active relevant forum.
Old 09-28-2002, 06:06 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

WHOAH that sounds like an awesome idea! And as you go along the graphics just keep getting better
Old 09-28-2002, 06:27 PM   #6
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Mage/clerics are REALLY tough to start in BG2. If you're interested in elven warrior, why not take a fighter/mage? I took one through the trilogy, and he was my favorite character so far. At the end of BG2/ToB he can get some really cool armor, and it just feels so right for you to finish with that amount of power.
Old 09-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #7
badet
Dungeon Master

well, to be forced to redefine all your stats and such, thats nothing that bothers me. I will still have my portrait, and name, and it will "be" the same character, with the same mood and morals [img]smile.gif[/img] Thats far more important then his dex lvl [img]smile.gif[/img]

The problem with clerics is that the cannot use swords.
cleric/mage seems cool thou.Perhaps too much spell casting, hehe!
But wont it be a huge conflict between the two classes of fighter/mage?

and i really need to get in touch with someone who have played through the bg series as a druid.

Yeah, i didnt know where to put this topic either, but this will do.