Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 07:58 AM   #31
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
I'm a bit lost at this point. I can't find where I should go next. Is there a secret room/door to rescue the child?
Have you found the well yet? Check every door as there is one that leads to a well with more rooms off it.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:20 AM   #32
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
I'm a bit lost at this point. I can't find where I should go next. Is there a secret room/door to rescue the child?
no

it's often worth looking at the map to get an idea of which areas you haven't explored yet - it's not infallible but it can help
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 05:31 PM   #33
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

oops, I found another door which i had miised just before I went to work. I wasn't able to post. Sorry; it's the one with the Wolfweres or whatever. I think I'm on the right track.

Ok, looks like I do need a little help with finding the well. I'm just in the area where the Wolfweres and Greater Wolfwere were. (try saying that 10 times fast!)

[ 01-28-2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 01-28-2005, 09:11 PM   #34
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
oops, I found another door which i had miised just before I went to work. I wasn't able to post. Sorry; it's the one with the Wolfweres or whatever. I think I'm on the right track.

Ok, looks like I do need a little help with finding the well. I'm just in the area where the Wolfweres and Greater Wolfwere were. (try saying that 10 times fast!)
SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
>
The well is right past that point. Good luck with the Greater Wolfweres (you'll need it... ).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:17 PM   #35
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I've already taken on some of them. I find sending a fire elemental in first helps a lot.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:31 AM   #36
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, what's the best way to handle the Adam Golem?

[ 01-29-2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 01-29-2005, 09:39 AM   #37
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Adamatite Golems are tough. Tickle them with Blunt weapons like FOA or DOE.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #38
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Yeah, that's great, but I'm usually dead in a few rounds. How do I stay "not dead"?
Old 01-29-2005, 12:48 PM   #39
Nerull
Lord Ao

Tactics againts Adamantium Golems:

• Stay at range, if possible. They are too big to fit through doorways, which gives you a huge advantage (unless you have the Tactics mod installed). Do you have the bonus merchants installed? One of them sells a sling capable of hurting him. If not, do you have the spell Melf's Minute Meteors? Those can hurt him, too.
  • If you can't stay at range, then you want a buffed main tank (and I mean as many buffs as you can get, including (improved) haste and improved invisibility) to engage, and sit a cleric or two nearby to heal the poor bastard. You need +3 weapons to hit, and make sure the poor guy's AC is as low as you can get it.
  • Summons help greatly to soak up attacks from the golem. They may not last long, but every hit against them is one less against you.
  • Make sure you have a backup tank with a +3 weapon in the vicinity. That way they can "bail out" your main tank before he gets waxed.

[ 01-29-2005, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #40
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

An adventurer in your case would probably elect to stay "not dead" by not fighting them at all, since they apparently aren't required in order to accomplish what you came there to do.

It's Clay and Sand Golems that require Blunt weapons (of +1 enchantment or better) to hit, Iron and Adamantite simply require a +3 enchantment. Iron Golems are 10% resistant to physical damage, while Adamantites will shrug off 90%, which is why it takes so damn long to kill them.
Normally, you wouldn't be facing Adamantite Golems until your party was very high-level (for SoA), in which case you would most likely already be able to deal with them without too much risk. If you've got Always Toughest Random Spawns installed, that's your own damn fault.