Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #141
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Be ultra-careful about install order. It knackered the 'standard' cromwell dialogue for me so something obviously something got screwed up somewhere.

[ 02-17-2005, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:12 PM   #142
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, I'm in no hurry for that stuff anyway. I just wanna get Gnasher and the Wyvern one. I can't remember how to get the druid grove to show on my map though..

[ 02-17-2005, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 02-18-2005, 12:31 AM   #143
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Just go to Trademeet first. Once you get there, the mayor will tell you about the animal attacks. He will also tell you about a druid being held prisoner there that may be able to help you investigate events at the Druid Grove. Then it will appear on your map.

As for the Mods, just do a Search for "mods" in this forum (make sure to search "entire message") and you will find several threads detailing the best order to install them in.

I would recommend installing ONLY the Weidu mods. These are the most popular ones and they are all self-installing. You just download the files into your SoA folder, then click on the icon after it downloads. You will get step-by-step instructions on what to do from there. It's very easy.

To the best of my knowledge, ALL Weidu mods are compatible with each. Opinions seem to vary, but I don't think it really matters what specific order you install them in. But I could be wrong. I can only think of two that DO need to be installed in a specific order - Ascension & Retribution. Both add to the game and Retribution continues from Ascension, so Ascension needs to be loaded first (to the best of my knowledge anyway). Most Weidu Mods, however, can be installed in any order without causing any problems. And Weidu Mods do not cause any problems with your game (with the exception of very rare bugs or glitches).
Old 02-21-2005, 01:00 PM   #144
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Spoilerish
I just went into the downstairs of this house in the Docks or Bridge district. The one just down from the Tanner. Anyway I went down there and clicked on the Coffin. Got an Elem Lich and a Pit Fiend. Pretty tough fight for lvl 9-10 party. So I found the Golden Torso after and have not idea what to do with it. Is it a quest item or something for Cromwell maybe?
Old 02-21-2005, 02:33 PM   #145
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Go visit the house next to Mae'Var's place (to the left). You'll learn what it's for there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:36 PM   #146
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Go visit the house next to Mae'Var's place (to the left). You'll learn what it's for there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ok, I did some searching (think I goofed on spelling first time) and I kinda get the idea. I'll try to get the quest.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #147
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Spoilerish
I just killed the Shadow Dragon with a disintegrate spell! I was just starting the fight and I figured, what the heck! And it worked!
Old 02-25-2005, 07:12 PM   #148
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

You lucky git! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Just a word of caution about that spell though: you do have to worry about disintegrating nice shiny items that they were carrying...

[ 02-25-2005, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:50 PM   #149
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Plot critical items and gold are about the only things that don't get blasted by disintergrate, same goes for cone of cold shatter death, and flesh to stone if the statue get shattered..

it's a great spell, since it can potentaly kill 99% of the creatures in the game. (there are a small number that are totaly immune)
Old 02-26-2005, 04:51 AM   #150
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I only got 2 things from him. I think it was the scroll and money or something else?
It looked like the spells also did in my 2 Fire Elem and Carrion crawler.

I think I might keep Mazzy in the party for a bit. Is there a good short sword I can buy for her or find? What's a good way to deck her out?

thanks.. from the git [img]smile.gif[/img]