Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 06:44 AM   #131
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Aye cerek, pitchwife is a mighty fine weapon, but for a duel weilder of clubs, then your left without a backup. Although i know there's another nice club in ToB you're shtuffed through SoA with a +2...

[EDIT] Just realised how silly i am Even pitchwife duelled with a +2 is better than duelling blackblood and gnasher, becuase you have both effects and an extra +2...Pardon my ignorance

[ 02-16-2005, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-16-2005, 01:18 PM   #132
Magness
Quintesson

Oh yeah, Pitchwife is one gawd-awful nasty weapon! And, like Cerek said, it's a great anti-spellcaster weapon due to those nasty acid dripping splinters. Ouch!
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #133
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Happy 600th to me...

Indeed, it sounds it, i play with improved items, and never thaught about pitchwife, now i think i'll make in next time i have a need, it sounds sweet. I like trying out new things aswell, so it should be quite good [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-16-2005, 06:05 PM   #134
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Cerek, or anybody for that matter; You mentoned about installing a mod or something in order to create this weapon. Could you explain this?
Old 02-16-2005, 06:37 PM   #135
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Do you know how to install mods? Well, the one you are looking for is "improved items", i'm not much help with mods...it seems i'm not much help at all [img]tongue.gif[/img] but atleast i try. Anyway, i think you could get it at www.pocketplanegroup.com although i expect i got that wrong

[EDIT] i'll just stand aside and let someone else be of more help [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Retarded post #614

[ 02-16-2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 02-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #136
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Cerek, or anybody for that matter; You mentoned about installing a mod or something in order to create this weapon. Could you explain this?
That weapon, Pitchwife is part of a mod known as the "item upgrade mod". Basically what it lets you do is construct more powerful items out of the ones already in the game. Some items that are of no use once a quest is finished for example can be combined with existing weapons to make them more powerful. So maybe a +3 katana can be made +5 with the help of a demons heart etc. Cromwell the smith is used to construct these items.

The mod can be found at www.weidu.org

I personally wouldn't use it on your first run through the game though...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:50 AM   #137
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, thanks. Do these "mods" cause any game problems?
Old 02-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #138
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

No, not if you install them properly, he only siad you shouldn't do it your first time round, because it changes the game slightly, so it's different.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:47 AM   #139
Link
Jack Burton

Cerek, there are 3 rakshasha in that cabin without Tactics mod as well And they have a nasty Cloudkill-fetish.

[ 02-17-2005, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #140
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Ok, thanks. Do these "mods" cause any game problems?
The item upgrade mod is stable, to the best of my knowledge, you shouldn't have any problems with it. The reason I said you shouldn't install it until you've finished the non-modded game once is because some of the items are a bit overpowered.