Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow The pictures thread

Am I the only one who thinks this board needs more pictures? Come on guys, let's post some pictures!

Here's two albums of mine. Anyone else got any to share?

Lightshow
Photography
Old 12-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

Default Re: The pictures thread

I really need to invest in a digital camera...
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Are you thinking of getting a SLR or Point and Shoot camera?
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ok, here is a render I did of my next building I am making for my 3D City (for a comicbook I'm working on).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4140605294_9412ab96ba_b.jpg (354.9 KB, 6 views)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
Are you thinking of getting a SLR or Point and Shoot camera?
Something in the $250 range and below. I'm finding that at 20 years old, I really should start having some photographic documentation of my life and experiences to reflect upon when I'm older. Far too often I see people sharing pictures of places they've been and seen, and I'm sitting here like a lone duck with images merely in my head.

It needs to change!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: The pictures thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Ok, here is a render I did of my next building I am making for my 3D City (for a comicbook I'm working on).
Wow awesome work! Modeling is so hard, because not only do you have to build the wire skeleton of all these things, but then you've got to texture them all. It's like painting but even more technical. It's really hard!

Quote:
Something in the $250 range and below. I'm finding that at 20 years old, I really should start having some photographic documentation of my life and experiences to reflect upon when I'm older. Far too often I see people sharing pictures of places they've been and seen, and I'm sitting here like a lone duck with images merely in my head.

It needs to change!
I'll try to get back to you on that. But if you manage to find a used Nikon D40 with lens kit at around that price snatch it up!

It's a really affordable, really good quality SLR camera and probably the best entry level SLR camera you can get. It's years and years old and it can still go for the price of the newest Model because the picture quality is really good and the camera is easy to use.

It's 6 megapixel but don't let that turn you off. In those range numbers mean nothing. It takes pictures up to 3000x2000 and it will come up better quality than higher megapixel cameras. The newest cameras tend to take lower quality pictures because the manufacturers are pushing too hard to get a bigger megapixel number but cameras can't really handle it so the picture quality suffer. It's all marketing and people looking at a number instead of at the picture quality.

Here's an example of one such camera on ebay.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote