Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 03:01 PM   #11
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ahhhh, I'm scared, all I see is Fljotsdale having a conversation with quotes!!! Has she gone mad, I mean, madder.
Old 11-16-2001, 07:09 PM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Ahhhh, I'm scared, all I see is Fljotsdale having a conversation with quotes!!! Has she gone mad, I mean, madder.

LOL! NO! Its a conversation with Yorick, mostly.... I put it in here because I was interested in other peoples' viewpoints. As usual, Yorick and I come from diametrically opposite ends of the universe, and never the twain shall meet!
Go into the link to the original thread and you will see it is not me talking to myself, lol!

And what is YOUR opinion on the 'art' involved in switching a light on/off in an empty room? Or in an unmade bed? Or in a pile of bricks?
Old 11-16-2001, 08:05 PM   #13
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

And what is YOUR opinion on the 'art' involved in switching a light on/off in an empty room? Or in an unmade bed? Or in a pile of bricks?

This IMO art is absolute crap. It is an excuse for people with no talent and critics with no talent to make their way in the world. Where rich Capitalists can look at a picture of a blank wall and say how wonderfully brilliant it is. Art is an offshoot of talent and talent dooes not fit into a picture of a pile of bricks.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:51 PM   #14
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

you ALL can't think thriller was a bad alblum. What happened to this country's culture??? TSK TSK TSK!!
Old 11-16-2001, 09:01 PM   #15
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
you ALL can't think thriller was a bad alblum. What happened to this country's culture??? TSK TSK TSK!!

OMG, who said "Thriller" was a bad album?

Fljotsdale now you have gone too far!

The "Jackson 5" not good? "Off The Wall" without artistic beauty? Say it ain't so! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

I love that stuff!

I especially love the "Thriller" album, it's what prevailed during my high school days. I still have the album, and have since bought the CD.

It is definately art because it was so different from all the other music at the time and yet has stood the test of time while contemporaries fell by the way side. Eddie Van Halen's guitar solo on "Beat It" is still amazing and unprecidented. A hard rocker on a pop album? Unheard of(at least back then)! Vincent Price's scary narration on the "Thriller" single. The duet with Paul McCartney.

*begins to look for his "Thriller" CD*

Michael may have gone a bit too far with the cosmetic surgery, Bubbles, and Never, Never Land (just to mention a few things), but back then, he knew how to pop with rock!

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Old 11-16-2001, 09:12 PM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:

I will swear they are all the highest form of art until you admit Michael Jackson is "The King of Pop" and an artist! Submit to me!

LOL!

You really don't like Michael's stuff at all? I mean the stuff before he became so incredibly, "over the top" weird? Nothing?
Old 11-16-2001, 10:27 PM   #17
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:

This IMO art is absolute crap. It is an excuse for people with no talent and critics with no talent to make their way in the world. Where rich Capitalists can look at a picture of a blank wall and say how wonderfully brilliant it is. Art is an offshoot of talent and talent dooes not fit into a picture of a pile of bricks.

Only in some cases. Look for those hidden gems AzureWolf. You will not have to look to far for talent. May I add there is more than enough within IW [img]smile.gif[/img] Each with personal attributes matching no one else.
Some things in the art world are a little weird for sure but to what standard? A glimmer of oddness in one to anothers minds is not strange.... but normal [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now about Mike: My generation grew up with the Jackson 5. The first movie sound track Mike had I think was Ben. One Bad apple [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thriller 1984...1 mil spent on the most expensive vidieo of its time. No lack of talent or art in peforming in MHO.
Old 11-17-2001, 02:19 PM   #18
Fljotsdale

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:

I will swear they are all the highest form of art until you admit Michael Jackson is "The King of Pop" and an artist! Submit to me!

LOL!

You really don't like Michael's stuff at all? I mean the stuff before he became so incredibly, "over the top" weird? Nothing?

Ok! Ok, already! He has talent!
Can't stand his music myself, though - but I have to admit it is mainly because I can't stand Michael Jackson. He was ok as a kid, I suppose, but I was never into that sort of music. If it doesn't 'click' it just doesn't click! I know it is personal choice/appreciation/ear/whatever, and I have no right to call Jackson's music rubbish - but it SOUNDS like it to me!

Conversely, I love Vivaldi, and Meat Loaf, David Bowie, and Vaughn Williams, plus MANY others - because the sound of their music resonates with me in exactly the way Jackson's does not! And I am sure many of you will hate my choices too, lol!
Old 11-17-2001, 03:05 PM   #19
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I also like Meatloaf quite a bit. I'm much more a fan of the music of the 70's than anyother time period.
Old 11-17-2001, 09:50 PM   #20
Fljotsdale

quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I also like Meatloaf quite a bit.

Woohooooo! Something else we agree about, lol!

But now you have to be rude about the 'art' of switching a light on/off, etc!