Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 07:16 PM   #81
wellard
Dracolisk

Wow snow! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] * I must show my kids and explain to them what it is *

Is there a snowman smiley or winter smiley in the Ironworks graphic pages, because I can not find one?

Stormy I hate repair men like that, they are scum. Thankfully being an engineer I can tend to fix most things but getting the parts sometimes is a problem.

Now of course my wife might point out that I took so long to fix the dishwasher (over a month of waiting) she gave up and called a repairman. $160 bill and a lesson learned [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #82
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Ugh, -20C and a good foot and a half of snow. This is terrible! Good thing it's supposed to warm up to -1 tommorrow.

Wellard- just use my snowman!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:39 PM   #83
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well, all the snow here has melted, but there is a 5 in 6 chance of a white christmas according to the bookies, with heavy snow on Christmas eve.

Well, if you want a bad repairman job, our electrician who lives less than a mile from our house still hasn't been since 2 years ago when we needed an extra phone socket for another dial-up line. not impressed, we don't even need it anymore!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:48 PM   #84
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ugh, -20C and a good foot and a half of snow. This is terrible! Good thing it's supposed to warm up to -1 tommorrow.

LOL Sir Goulum its 20C here too, nice and cool

There is something to unsettleing about your frozen friend, SnoEdwina !!! I would not touch 'it' with a ten foot barge pole [img]tongue.gif[/img] Are you sure thats a sword? I did not know Edwin was so, ...erm.. so well equipped?

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-22-2004, 08:23 PM   #85
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
There is something to unsettleing about your frozen friend, SnoEdwina !!! I would not touch 'it' with a ten foot barge pole [img]tongue.gif[/img] Are you sure thats a sword? I did not know Edwin was so, ...erm.. so well equipped?
He couldn't have been or maybe Viconia would have been nicer to him. Errr, maybe not.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:33 PM   #86
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'll give you one good reason for writing just what's allowed, Philip.

Out in the "real world", when you're communicating with busy people (managers, vice presidents, CxOs, Directors, customers, and so on), they don't have a lot of time. You need to communicate your message quickly, and convince them or educate them about what needs to be done.

I learned this from a college professor who gave us MBA case studies to read, and then required a two-page paper to address them. You can't even do justice to the introduction in two pages, let alone write the whole paper! Oh, yeah -- he also specified margins and minimum font size, to take care of us wiseacres....

I mentioned this to the VP over my area, and he agreed with the prof's approach. Anything that was a page or so long when he got it would be read immediately, more or less. Anything larger would go on to the "when I can get to it" pile, which was awfully close to the trash can....

The point is not to cover every possible thing, at least not in the real world. It's to cover enough to make your point and inspire your audience to start asking you more questions. Once they do that, they're yours.... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Over here, meanwhile, I'm enjoying the end of the year. On-site work for a customer today, and some light office clean-up tomorrow. Then off to family activities for Christmas, and the end of the year.

And perhaps a bit more gaming, if I can manage to log off of IW tonight
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #87
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:

LOL Sir Goulum its 20C here too, nice and cool

[/QUOTE]Oh, hush, you and your warm weather!

And that IS a sword! I guarantee you! No dirty thoughts in the Cafe.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:21 AM   #88
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
There is something to unsettleing about your frozen friend, SnoEdwina !!!
lol, she strangly reminds me of a Lego man/Woman [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: WOAH!!!! Finally im an egyption god....All shall feel my wrath [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-23-2004, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Old 12-23-2004, 07:18 AM   #89
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I want some snow over here in Nova Scotia! It's 10c right now with a heavy rain warning. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same, so not much chance of a white Christmas.

[ 12-23-2004, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #90
Sigmar
Unicorn

Sunny here, nice and sunny.

Oh and Goulum...I always thought that Snowman looked a wee bit dodgy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I mean, the helmet style clashes with his shield [img]tongue.gif[/img]