Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #261
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
A caltrop is a metal ball bristling with metal spikes...
Congrats on making the DM inventory check

Now I hate to upset you as you do a victory dance...but at least two of my clerics have spells that can save them or another from such an attack. However, you are free to brood over and worry about this whilst I go to band practice...and hopefully I can have a post up tonight as to the result of your attack. I may wait until everybody has taken their deserved turn first, though....

[ 12-20-2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 12-20-2005, 10:11 PM   #262
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Just a quick heads up that someone’s gonna die.......
Old 12-21-2005, 01:39 AM   #263
TAOWolf
White Dragon

i took a large chunk out of my finger washing a knife today . the piece could not be re-attached, and the bandage is verra bulky to try to type.

i beg leave for at laest until next week. cyril or larry can post for me if needed...
Old 12-21-2005, 07:37 AM   #264
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The description of the caltrop is a generic one, as I said the ones Yevaud carried are basically large sharpened jacks, same effect, but different execution (I recall one of the earlier Batman the Animated Series episodes from the 90's where Catwoman used caltrops shaped like cats).

And Larry, you don't think I'd pull something out of my inventory that I hadn't carefully placed there years ago do you just because I never got a chance to use it doesn't mean I haven't been planning to use it if/when necessary. bring on your get out of sharp pointy death to feet card, I'm ready [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-21-2005, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 12-21-2005, 07:59 AM   #265
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
A caltrop is a metal ball bristling with metal spikes...
Congrats on making the DM inventory check

Now I hate to upset you as you do a victory dance...but at least two of my clerics have spells that can save them or another from such an attack. However, you are free to brood over and worry about this whilst I go to band practice...and hopefully I can have a post up tonight as to the result of your attack. I may wait until everybody has taken their deserved turn first, though....
[/QUOTE]The point wasn't an unbeatable strategy, but making them waste time and effort, all of which grants us a bit more time, spending a round to clean the spikes away, or using air walk or a similar spell to go over it, or just walking really really slow and brushing them away with your feet, all good, but it takes time which could otherwise be spent thwacking us with evil clericy goodness... erm... yeah.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:11 AM   #266
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:
i took a large chunk out of my finger washing a knife today . the piece could not be re-attached, and the bandage is verra bulky to try to type.

i beg leave for at laest until next week. cyril or larry can post for me if needed...
OUCH! I am sorry to hear of your lost appendage. Maybe since Christmas is going to be taking me away from any consistant DMing, you'll not suffer your character to be at the mercy of others too long.

Anarrima Casts: HEAL on Tao's finger.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:39 AM   #267
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyril Darkcloud:
Just a quick heads up that someone’s gonna die.......
Quote:
Originally posted by TAOWolf:
OUCH! I didn't mean for anyone to take that quite so literally. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

On a more serious note, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. Take your time and get better, the game can wait and we'll see to your character if need be.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:19 PM   #268
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Sorry to hear about your finger TAO, take care of it, We'll still be here.

Morguerat is still weakened by his fear, and likely won't succeed in holding onto the creature, much less hoisting it.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #269
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OH NO! I was fine with losing Nanashi, but Grey is still usable! NO!!!! I have no way to get him out of this because Echo left this floor, so there is nobody to save him from the wrath of those that will be recognized. Andrion is also outside the ability to help. The poor Grey will stand there at the staircase and be demolished with not even a chance to fight back.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #270
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

You're welcome