Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 04:36 PM   #1
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

I'm going to start a game where I'm going for experience in the game with the experience cap off, to see just how high I can go.
Going to be a party of 5 fighter/mages, so I can use the experience for scrolls to boost up even higher, and of course probably use a NPC thief character for traps, or a priest/druid for healing. Will take longer being limited in thieving and healing, but my mages will tear up foes alot quicker without being hurt.
So, will be able to do most of the NPC subquests (im not in a rush), regular quests, plus gaining experience for inscribing scrolls and disarming the chests and traps in the game.

Kensai/mage dual weapon katana
Beserker/mage dual weapon warhammer
beserker/mage dual weapon axe
beserker/mage 2-handed weapons, grandmaster with qstaff
fighter/mage/thief for traps, will train in longswords.

6th slot by player character.

So, what experience levels have you ever reached with a full party? What can I expect to get up to.
Old 06-17-2001, 04:59 PM   #2
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

This is the way I went Sunder, just out to see what I could achieve level wise and without missing (many) quests, I stole as many scrolls as possible too, hundreds of em in fact. personally I think you'd be better off with either a pure thief or a fighter/thief as a tri-class character will take forever to level up, but obviously that's your choice. I'm running with 4 PC's and Jaheira has been in from the start (but she will be dumped). The only problem you may encounter with 5 PC's are the fact that some individual NPC quests take a long time. My party levels atm are -

Fighter/Thief 14/17
Fighter.......20
Bard..........24
Cleric/Mage...15/14

I've just started chapter 6 and I've got a ton of stuff still to do. Funny enough the game is still challenging

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-17-2001, 05:03 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Wizard Slayer 42
Figher/Mage 23/20 (i think, not sure)
Fallen Archar 16 (fresh meat)
Priest of Helm 32
Sorcerer 21
Monk 32

if you couldnt figure it out, this is a compilation of my most powerful people ever created. please dont yell at me for re-using people just cuz they can surely kick the crap outta ur characters.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-17-2001, 05:05 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

LOL, that lot could take over the world

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-18-2001, 01:25 AM   #5
etherus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I had these guys and girls go:

Swashbuckler: 34 (I love him!)
Priest of Helm: 24
Blade: 28 (Fun to play at that level)
Assassin: 31 (Backstab is a bit**...)
Thief: 34 (Yee he he he)
Stalker: 28 (Fun girl to go out and kill random people with)

They are all my children. I'm so proud of them. *sob* *tear* Oh it's too much for me! *sob* They are growing up to fast.

------------------
The Krazy Communist Ivan
Old 06-18-2001, 01:55 AM   #6
Rikard

not so very much

Fighter/Assassin 7/24
Kensai/Mage 9/19
Necromancer 24
Sorcerer 21
Blade 25
Cleric/Ranger 22/6