Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Well...a couple of good questions as I said....

1:
Does the SoU expansion add to the exp. cap so I can gain more than 20 lvls.`?

2:
If I go merry adventuring with a henchman...do I miss exp.points on that...what I mean is that I do know that in BG2ToB I share with other NPCs does the same happen in NWN????

3:
Does Elminster, Drizzt or any other of the "heroes" of Faerun show up in the game...I thought it to be a cultish thing that E used to pop up in BG2 and Drizzt too `Wheeeeeee

4:
What is the best weapon in the game...for a dualwielding fighter-dude
( I am thinking of creating a dualwielding elf ) NO there is no ref. to Drizzt but an elf with high dex seems to be the right choice for dualing since a halforc with 22 STR have better luck with heavy weapons

5:
What is best for white bread, ham or cheese *LOL* just kidding

Jesper...the invincable ( cant spell at 4 am ) Sparhawk...I am Eddings fan *SS*
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 12:38 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparhawk:
Well...a couple of good questions as I said....

1:
Does the SoU expansion add to the exp. cap so I can gain more than 20 lvls.`?

2:
If I go merry adventuring with a henchman...do I miss exp.points on that...what I mean is that I do know that in BG2ToB I share with other NPCs does the same happen in NWN????

3:
Does Elminster, Drizzt or any other of the "heroes" of Faerun show up in the game...I thought it to be a cultish thing that E used to pop up in BG2 and Drizzt too `Wheeeeeee

4:
What is the best weapon in the game...for a dualwielding fighter-dude
( I am thinking of creating a dualwielding elf ) NO there is no ref. to Drizzt but an elf with high dex seems to be the right choice for dualing since a halforc with 22 STR have better luck with heavy weapons

5:
What is best for white bread, ham or cheese *LOL* just kidding

Jesper...the invincable ( cant spell at 4 am ) Sparhawk...I am Eddings fan *SS*
1. No, but the next expansion will.

2. Yes and No.

3. No

4. If you insist on dual-wielding, go elf taking a at least 1 or 2 levels in cleric or paladin for AB buffs. Best weapon? I'm not sure what you mean...You can design any weapon you want using the toolset.

5. Cheese
Old 11-16-2003, 06:13 AM   #3
Blue Streak
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Too bad, it would be great to bump into Seamon Havarian again. And about the bread question; definately cheese.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:20 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

Bioware do not hold the BG licenses, so any character that was created for BG or BG2 (or IWD come to that) cannot be used in official NWN content. They do hold a license for D&D and FR, so the likes of elminster or Drizzt can show up, but they havent done so yet.

AS for the bread, Ham is the way to go.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:14 AM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

1. As Spiritwarrior said, no, but HotU will raise the level cap to 40.

2. Yes, you get less xp if you any of the following tagging along: henchman, summoned creature or animal companion/familiar. The more of them you have, the less xp you get. And you can only have one summon at a time. Remember, though, that you can buff your companions almost as much as yourself so they can be pretty darn good if you take the time to do so.

3. Not yet, but perhaps in HotU.

4. Tricky question as there are so many weapons you can dual-wield in the game and they tend to be random treasure and not always set as in BG2. On top of that you can create your own equipment in the Toolset.

5. My first reaction was 'cheese' but but cheese on white bread looks a bit dull, so I would go for 'ham'. More colourful that way. Looks is impoartant to make the food apetizing. Bon Appetit!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:41 AM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Blue Streak, please edit the picture in your signature to the permitted limits:

You are currently 185x244.

[ 11-16-2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I see...
Ahem...I may be a nerd....but I have NO idea haw to use the toolset and implement the equipment in game....could someone make a little thing for my wizard and send it to me...I´d be grateful
( along with instructions on how to implement them in game )

Staff of the Sage:
att:
+1 weapon
dmg:
1d6+1
spec. abb:
+5 lore
+3 persuade
can cast identify 3 pr.day

Staff of Winter:
att:
+2 weapon
dmg:
1d6+1d6frost-dmg.
spec. abb:
resistance to frostdmg. 20%
can cast ray of frost 3 pr.day
can cast Ice storm 2 pr.day
lvl.requirement: LvL 6

Wauw....Hmmm am trying ham & cheese at the same time since people can´t make up their minds.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 11-16-2003, 04:14 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

No matter....I made them myself....about time I figured out how to do that...

NOW the tricky thing....how do I add them into the game...I´d like to throw them somewhere i NW if I can...

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 11-16-2003, 04:39 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

If you have made the items you want, the next thing to do is get your character's hands on them. This can be done by creating a simple room on the toolset and placing a treasure chest in that room. Click on the properties of that treasure chest, and put your items in there. You should be able to find them in the custom tab of the item chooser thing over there on the right. If not, then remake them, and add them to the chest.
Save game, exit, go play that mod you built by selecting it from the new game option, and go pick the items out of the chest. Save character, delete the old one that does not have the items in inventory, and you now have your items.

PS..if all of this seems like too much, give me a few minutes and I will have a module built to where you can come and get your stuff. Then you can save your character and exit my mod. Sound good? Lemme know.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:53 PM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I´ve got a little mod build....so I´ll try that....if it doesn´t work I´ll get a hold on you Larry....oh by the way thnx for the excellent help

"Unleash the Casey!"