Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2003, 10:07 PM   #11
Gammit
Elminster

I am currently not affiliated with any clan, and am considering joining.

Characters: Sorfiwiel Amidala 7 rgr, 1 rog, 1 bar
Heisen Tormelli 1 rogue
Game: mostly roleplay and action
Gamespy: I got by Gammit or Gammit_0 (GS doesn't like me using Gammit sometimes)
Times: Th, Sat, Sun evenings (U.S. Eastern Standard Time)
Old 04-22-2003, 10:09 AM   #12
Tyrion
Quintesson

I have a certain love for dwarves an currently have a fighter/barbarian id like to have a career with in multiplayer. is there any guild for dwarves only?
Old 08-15-2003, 04:02 AM   #13
whiteknight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

have done dungeons and dragons for a long time now ...hav'nt really got into ad&d but would really like to join in if i can ..I have only played role playing as in getting players and sitting down and thrashing out a campaign.I have been a dungeon master for yrs ...I have played computer games like bards tale and dungeon master and are playing wizards and warriors at the moment ..have never played online role playing before but would be very excited to learn ..I prefer wizards or fighters...but fighters/warriors are my favorite.please could you tell me how to join..how to get onto the server and any thing else that you can tell me....take into consideration that i am a newbie at online role playing ..i have a irc script..does this help???my e-mail is enforsa_connor@hotmail.com and my icq if you need it is 321299766.action role playing with a sword that takes up my whole back ..a sword that has empathy and an attitude .my player has a polite manner.but fierce sword play,adventure is his life time ambition and dreams of taking on the mother of all dragons...in the mean time any adventure inbetween finding this dream will do ,a sword,back pack,crossbow and rations for those nights that he does'nt find food..this and a horse as a bonus would be nice but walking is just fine.his name is 'belar' a good strong ale,good food and miles and miles of story telling(and he has many to tell)

hope I can join in.....

whiteknight
whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:12 AM   #14
Stratos
Vampire

I assume you own Neverwinter Night so...

1. Start Neverwinter Nights, click on Multiplayer and login to GameSpy ( create a new account if you don't already have one)

2. A number of servers will pop up on the screen. Choose any of them and click Connect to start to play. You will now be given a choice to create a new character or select an already existing one by ticking the box next to Show pre-generated characters. Click Play to start playing.
Some servers don't allow local vault characters, which are saved on your computer, which means that you can only play with a character created on that server. Mostly to avoid über-powerful and hacked characters. Whether a server allows local vault characters or not is shown if you click on Server Details on the list of servers before you click Connect.

3. If you want to play on Ziroc's own Escape from Undermountain server, simply click on the Direct Connect on the server list and enter 24.173.154.114:5121 in the IP adress field.
You can check if the server is online here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/cgi-bi...tus.dll/status . It's the 'Ironworks NWN's server status' button on top of the page.

[ 08-15-2003, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 08-15-2003, 05:27 PM   #15
whiteknight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually no I don't know what winter nights are lol...sorry stratos.I actually thought it was a online site that had it's own server that you could download paticular things that allowed you to get on to it...I take it is a game like w&w but with a online option that you could play with others instead of just playing the cd.yrs ago a friend had a computer that he logged onto different sites and actually played online..as the game was set up to play through starting as a 1st level pc and gaining rank and levels through fighting other online players and computer generated fighters that the owner had set up .I thought this was similar to that,I did'nt know much about the game he played as he kept it to him self but it was this friend that got me into dungeons and dragons and have played it ever since.I still have all the books and modules from the red set to the immortal grey set and I still play a campaign every wesnesday but I do have ad&d treasure manual(the large hard cover)some modules and monster manuals and spell books and character class manual..I even have a lot of dices lol...20 sided,10,8,6,4..maybe i'm gonna have to see if I can get a copy of neverwinter or maybe a down load version????if it's a free dn load then I am in if not, then that is a problem

thanks

whiteknight
whiteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 06:20 PM   #16
Stratos
Vampire

Neverwinter Nights is a computer role-playing game by BioWare. It uses the 3rd edition rules and the setting is the Forgotten Realms.

It has a somewhat decent single player campaign but it strengt lies in the multiplayer. There are literally hundreds of servers that hosts games online anytime of the day. It is also free to play online although you will have to buy the actual game, check your local video game store.

You can also DM your own game and even create your own adventure ( module) by using the Toolset that comes with the game. Although you have to buy the game itself, modules created by others (there are thousands of them) are free to download.

Check this site for info about NWN:
http://nwn.bioware.com/
Old 08-23-2003, 11:24 AM   #17
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sadly, I do not think that this thread is worth keeping featured at the top of the page. Not enough people are looking for groups to join to online game together, except for the one that has been created in the Ironworks module thread that can be found in the "Escape from Undermountain"discussion forum.
Therefore, I am releasing the grip of this thread from the top until I see a need for it's return.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:33 PM   #18
Chewbacca
Zartan

THE NAME OF THE GUILD:

Ironworkers Module Design Guild

HOW TO CONTACT THE GUILD:

Post in this ongoing thread in this forum titled: To all Module Builders here at Ironworks

If you are registered at the official BioWare forums you can find us in the Guild Registry or click here to visit the Guildhall.
NOTE-Our guild is now public so you don't have to join the guild to see the work done there.

GENERAL INFO:

This is a team of Ironworks Members making a multi-player module together. The module starts at an inn in a remote village that serves as a social hub for adventures to spin around. The plan is to design a series of adventures for starting level one characters to eventually achieve level 10 or so when they finish the module.

Check the links above or contact a Guildmember to get more details about what is currently going on in the guild and on what progress is being made on the module.

The very first post in the thread that got this group started helps spell out the guild's goals:

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I have noticed that there is no shortage of resourceful module builders here at Ironworks. Now, anyone who has worked with the Aurora toolset in the past knows how difficult it is to create a good functioning module. That’s why I'm inviting other builders, writers, artists, etc, to join me in building a new module. Working title: “Ironworks Inn”. A meeting place for people when run online, but with enough features to be used in single player as well.
It is a small project to see if it is possible to work as a team. But it will be easy to add additional areas once it is done. Now, anyone who would like to contribute anything (be it suggestions, area's, npc's, items or dialogue) is invited to post here. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask them.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:32 AM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

bump for reminder that this thread exists.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #20
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have formed a new guild, which will be mostly social, in nature, although based around an Alternative server, Fates undecided Destiny, in which I both play, and dm, every once in a while. The guild is in Bioware, and is called Fates undecided Destiny. More info in the guildhall, and possibly a map, if we can figure it out. For those of you who have read the bio of my bard assassin, I will be offering my services in that capacity as well, through the guild, so i don't have to be searching all over the internet to do them. Come to the guild, it's public, as is the server.
The module is server vault, and we have 4 dms, so you are bound to run into one of us, and we are very player friendly. More details at site, come see us.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote