Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 07:11 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I know that you can change the alignment of Sarevok, Viconia and Anomen but did anyone know that the alignment of your PC can change I didn't. I have been playing through as a Lawful Evil monk but I recently looked at my character sheet and realised that his alignment is now neutral evil(this surprised me seeing as monks can only be lawful) has anyone else had there PC's alignment change? If so do you know what triggers it to change.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 08:04 PM   #2
skier9205
Manshoon

The only PC alignment change I know of in BG2 is if you go through Hell and take the evil way through. That changes your alignment from Good or neutral to evil. I don't know of any other reason why your PC would change though. Have you done any "editing" on your character or game? If you did then it's possible something could have change while you were making some adjustments.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 05:17 PM   #3
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

That is probabaly it, Thanx
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 10:40 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

What really annoyed me is that after I took the Evil route on just 1 test (Selfishness), my Neutral Good character didn't become Neutral Evil for a day or so, after I'd already overwritten my old save. I wish the change had been immediate, so I could have Reloaded & done it th good way instead.

(It wasn't even that evil: Sure, my girlfriend died & I had to Raise Dead and Heal, but it's not like she hadn't already died TEN TIMES before!)
Old 02-04-2002, 11:01 PM   #5
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true
quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
What really annoyed me is that after I took the Evil route on just 1 test (Selfishness), my Neutral Good character didn't become Neutral Evil for a day or so, after I'd already overwritten my old save. I wish the change had been immediate, so I could have Reloaded & done it th good way instead.

(It wasn't even that evil: Sure, my girlfriend died & I had to Raise Dead and Heal, but it's not like she hadn't already died TEN TIMES before!)

really! They have some twisted thoughts. I mean, letting your girlfriend get killed isn't THAT bad.
Old 02-05-2002, 06:59 PM   #6
Sir Michael
Manshoon

I am an Avenger, and the trip through Hell changed me to neutral evil. I think I should've stayed neutral, though...I split evenly between "good" and "evil" decisions on the tests.

I figured I would role play my way through more than anything else. 1) Why would I blindly attack a dragon if I don't have to? He just gave me the tear.
2) I am a druid. No way am I wearing a Nymph cloak.
3) Korgan has died a bunch of times before. Better him than me.
4) I got greedy, and decided to keep Blackrazor. I didn't need it to kill the Djinni, though.
5) Likewise, I didn't need the slayer change to take out Sarevok. That wimp went down easily.

So that's three "good" vs two "evil." Sounds pretty neutral to me! Besides, greedy and selfish are not necessarily evil, just neutral (maybe chaotic).

At least the alignment change doesn't affect my druid abilities...
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 10:49 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah.....Luckily, being Evil doesn't affect my character's abilities or my gameplay, but I really HATE it when my Paladin Detects Evil at the start of every map and always gets: Sly MacDuff- Evil. I'm NOT Evil! I'm Neutral Good! Really! I hear that if you're playing a Paladin, taking the evil route on ANY of the tests will automatically make you Fall. Ouch.

And yes, I would use Shadowkeeper, but I can't get the good version (the one with the Affects tab) to run on my computer. Poopie.